[Kernel][GPE 5.0.1][Sense 4.4.4]Elite Kernel for VZW/SPR HTC One M8

PieceKeepr

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
M8
Disable all kernel tweaks in the viper tool box and reboot then try again.
The stock kernel doesn't have any options and the settings in the Tweaks only becomes available after flashing a kernel with options. If I disable settings in Tweaks I would have to install Trickster or Fauxclock right?

Sent from my ViperOne powered M8 using Tapatalk

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The stock kernel doesn't have any options and the settings in the Tweaks only becomes available after flashing a kernel with options. If I disable settings in Tweaks I would have to install Trickster or Fauxclock right?

No you don't have to. Every time I have seen your exact issue in the past it has been directly related to the viper toolbox kernel settings. You may have to refer to the viper thread for further instructions as I have not flashed or run viper.

Dodge DeBoulet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Verizon HTC One M8

Double-tap and sweep to wake both work fine on my VZW M8 running Viper 3.2.1. @buckmarble speaks the truth: those settings are enabled in Sense by default and should not be turned on in either Venom Kernel settings or via Trickster Mod/FauxClock.

rhodyvik

Reaction score
@buckmarble I don't know what you did (obviously) but this kernel is SO much faster than the previous few!!! And probably the best functioning I've seen. I appreciate the hard work man. This is awesome!

On a side note...does everyone dirty flash these kernels over previous versions? Because that's all I do and wipe cache/dalvik and Fix Permissions. I'm not sure if this is the way it's supposed to be done. Thanks buck!

Sent from my Big Red M8

Edit: I'm running ViperOneM8 3.2.1

UndeadNinja125

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Verizon HTC One M8
Twitter
UndeadNinja125
What is a good CPU control to use with this kernel? I have been using trickster, but there's not many tweaks.

Also, what is a good CPU governor for a good mix between performance and battery life?

PieceKeepr

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
M8
Double-tap and sweep to wake both work fine on my VZW M8 running Viper 3.2.1. @buckmarble speaks the truth: those settings are enabled in Sense by default and should not be turned on in either Venom Kernel settings or via Trickster Mod/FauxClock.
I had flashed back to the previous version which works for me but I tried what you guys are saying. I turned off the tap to wake option in the Tweaks kernel settings but when I did tap to wake stopped working. I'm clearly doing something wrong but I don't know where else to look.

haroldg

Reaction score
@buckmarble I don't know what you did (obviously) but this kernel is SO much faster than the previous few!!! And probably the best functioning I've seen. I appreciate the hard work man. This is awesome!

On a side note...does everyone dirty flash these kernels over previous versions? Because that's all I do and wipe cache/dalvik and Fix Permissions. I'm not sure if this is the way it's supposed to be done. Thanks buck!

Sent from my Big Red M8

Edit: I'm running ViperOneM8 3.2.1
Yes, I dirty flash over prior versions, wipe cache/dalvik, then reboot the system. Also, in answer to prior post, I use Trickster Mod Pro. I know that there may be other more powerful tools (Faux' app is mentioned repeatedly not that far back in the thread) but this is working fine.

iweksler

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Verizon HTC One M8
new kernels up. Massive config update, including some kexec configs for multirom(you'll have to let me know if it fixes it) and some more LZ4 optimizations. Also eliminated some things to make the zip smaller. Cut out ~8 mbs. Let me know how it goes everyone.
Run Vellamo today on the LOLLIGPE-12_20_2014_DATAFIX_TEST.
Results: Browser - 3440, Multicore - 1733, Metal - 1536.
I'm on M8vzw, DH's ROM, Governor - Ondemand, mpdecision, msm-adreno-tz, fiops 3072 3072, ZRAM 272.
Gestures (set in Trickster): s2s - right to left works, dt2w - works, pocket detect - works most of time.
Hope this helps.

Scott MacGregor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I had flashed back to the previous version which works for me but I tried what you guys are saying. I turned off the tap to wake option in the Tweaks kernel settings but when I did tap to wake stopped working. I'm clearly doing something wrong but I don't know where else to look.

I had this same issue with the new kernel as well. I'm also running the current Viper ROM. When I reflashed the 12-15 version of the kernel tap to wake worked just fine.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I had this same issue with the new kernel as well. I'm also running the current Viper ROM. When I reflashed the 12-15 version of the kernel tap to wake worked just fine.
It's something with viper. Its working on other ROMs I have tested. Including gpe.

rhodyvik

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a glossary of all these settings? I'd like to learn, e.g. what each governor does and what the purpose is. And everything else I see in Trickster that's listed on the OP. I see everything @buckmarble has made available but I really want to know what it all means so I can better enhance my phone. Thanks! Plus I have time during the holidays!

Sent from my Big Red M8

garywojdan81

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a glossary of all these settings? I'd like to learn, e.g. what each governor does and what the purpose is. And everything else I see in Trickster that's listed on the OP. I see everything @buckmarble has made available but I really want to know what it all means so I can better enhance my phone. Thanks! Plus I have time during the holidays!

Sent from my Big Red M8
Your best bet is to Google them and read,read,read...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

sparky_005

Reaction score
I use 2.4ghz/300, interactive (huge fan of this classic governor), mpdecision, -84 UV (helps with phone getting hot. UV isn't really a big battery saver), CPU idle CO: on & C3: on, fiops/4096 (I/O Scheduler), eMMc Entropy off, Power Suspend: ON. These are my to-go-settings on FauxClock.
Do you mind posting a screenshot of your cpu idle screen in fauxclock? I have C0 and C3 states turned on but I only see C0 being used.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419378370949.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1419378370949.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 241