Kernels for MIUI (by Chevy)

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
too scattered and not easy to find, so put them in a thread dedicated to them.

These are the newest kernels by Chevy. I have PMd him and so has M1, both of us should be okay as far as permission goes.

Personally, I LOVE chevy's work. I loved ss and his kernels have always given me good results. I know some prefer slayhers for MIUI, and it seems to be more of what your phone prefers rather than your bias. That being said, Im lucky that my phone preference matches my bias. :p

Link to working Chevy Kernels with MIUI. Thanks to Chevy. He really is an awesome guy by the way.

Index of /froyo/kernels3

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
Im having a brain fart right now. I dont have setcpu installed right now. How do I check what my cpu is running at right now?

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Im having a brain fart right now. I dont have setcpu installed right now. How do I check what my cpu is running at right now?

I usually check it through Quadrant standard under system information. not sure if thats the best way to check but its better than downloading another app. :)

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
Thanks, Ill try that. wasnt there a command i could put in terminal and it would tell me?

ipadl

Reaction score
A couple of kernel questions:

1. Does anybody know if tun is compiled in this kernel?
2. If I take a backup prior to installing this kernel and then revert, does it revert to my old kernel also/
3. The stock kernel has been working great for me, so if I decide that I don't want chevy's kernels, where I can find the stock kernel?

Thanks,

Seth

fox_dye

Reaction score
When you revert to a backup then it will change your kernel back too. Not to sure what kernel the rom has stock but as long as you have a backup then you should be fine.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

Kronix

Reaction score
I have flashed the Chevy 1.0Ghz ulv kernel but in setCPU with slider to the max only goes to 550mhz. I restored then flashed again same thing. Even in the about phone it shows its running the Chevy Kernel.

EDIT: fixed the problem. I didn't select recommended speed in the settings.

droidfan01

Reaction score
Kernel Problems

Hi all- not sure if this is the best place for this, but i am having issues with my phone when i change the Kernels from the stock that comes with the original zip miui file. when i change the kernel, i cannot get a connection to any email (gmail or corporate). This has happened with a Chevy and Slayher kernel. I flash back to the original saved version, and everything works fine.

I did a complete wipe when the kernel was installed.

Any guidance or assistance is appreciated- thanks!!

Also, there are no Chevy items in my Clockwork mod. It says to contact Chevy, is this a problem with me only?

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I get that message in clockwork mod too. You don't need to wipe when you install a kernel. Flash miui then flash the kernel no wipe.

sent from a rogue droid