Kit Kat

Sajo

Diamond Member
I've always used Swype. I haven't been able to find the input setting since updating to Kit Kat.

If you have a '12 Droid RAZR (HD, Maxx or M), Swype was removed with the KK update. The Google Keyboard is free on the Play Store and has Gesture Typing (which is the same as Swype) built in. I have been using it since I got KK last weekend and it works good. You just have to set it as the default keyboard in Settings after you download the App.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

barbtarv

Motorola Droid RAZR Max HD. Thanks sajokaz, I will try that. Why do they have "Updates" and take away options? Stupid!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Downloaded Google keyboard from Play Store. Got Swype, but not happy about the permissions list.

I know...I was not happy with that also. They are always collecting something!

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trust me guys, Swype's permissions are the least of your worries. Google has them beat by miles in that area.
Just sayin... :)

tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Trust me guys, Swype's permissions are the least of your worries. Google has them beat by miles in that area.
Just sayin... :)

tap'n

Very true...very true. Those are the permission's mentioned...the Google Keyboard (with a "swype" like feature built in - gesture typing and not the actual Swype app) has some alarming permissions. Like collecting what you type on your keyboard. Makes me wonder why Google is collecting my keyboard entries & who they are selling it to. :biggrin:

barbtarv

Am I the only one who HATES KitKat? Got swype back, but have to change screens for numbers etc. before just had to hold button down. I've dealt with that (reluctantly). At the very first I couldn't use the favorites contacts on my Home Screen, had to remove them and move them to Home Screen again. Lost some of my contact pics, had to get new ones. Got those issues fixed. The main thing now is my notification light. Before I had Red for Amber/Weather alerts, Blue for FB, Green for text/email, now all I have is blue. Sounds picky, but I don't go to FB as soon as I'm notified, but text/email is more important. Frustrating that a "update" screws up so many things. I'm to the point of getting a new phone; I've had Droid for many years, I guess since the first Android came out. I had Droid X and was unhappy when they did Gingerbread "update", but it didn't jack my phone up as bad as this one. I know I don't want an iPhone, but I'm just about through with Android. If they don't have a fix pretty quick I'm seriously going to do some research on other phone options. Anyone have suggestions/recommendatiobs