KitKat

eragon5779

Umm..... no. KitKat is built for 64-bit processors. There is no chance, unless someone manages to convert KitKat to run on 32-bit, which would take away many of the features, taking it back down to JB.

KidFlash

Umm..... no. KitKat is built for 64-bit processors. There is no chance, unless someone manages to convert KitKat to run on 32-bit, which would take away many of the features, taking it back down to JB.

Snapdragon 800 isn't 32 bit, unless I'm mistaken. I don't think any device running KitKat is 64-bit.

OP
1linuxfreak

1linuxfreak

Yeah 64 bit is not out just yet, coming soon, but not yet.
The OG Droid 1 is 256 memory and KitKat is rated for 512, so I will have to agree it will probably not work in the Droid 1, so sad good device the Droid 1.

eragon5779

I am mistaken. I thought KitKat was for 64 bit processors. Don't remember where I read that, but guess it was wrong...
Anyways, not only is there a memory issue, but I doubt the processor would be able to handle it. From experience, I know that it struggles to run a minimal JB rom, even overclocked at 1.25 GHz.

perezil

Any chance that there would be any 4.4 KitKat builds for the old Droid? It would probably take it and run.

Not sure. But I for one would love to make it happen. I have at least enough parts to make 4 A855 units and have 2 of them in operation right now. One of the is running MIUI 2.2.10 and is streaming Pandora right now.

dancedroid I am sure there must be a way to strip out more fat to get it work on less than 256MB of RAM.DancingNexus

OP
1linuxfreak

1linuxfreak

Not sure. But I for one would love to make it happen. I have at least enough parts to make 4 A855 units and have 2 of them in operation right now. One of the is running MIUI 2.2.10 and is streaming Pandora right now.

dancedroid I am sure there must be a way to strip out more fat to get it work on less than 256MB of RAM.DancingNexus

I agree, but not up to the task at hand.
I think the OS requires so much RAM for cache/home/ etc that it maybe impossible.

perezil

I agree, but not up to the task at hand.
I think the OS requires so much RAM for cache/home/ etc that it maybe impossible.

What would be the best way for me to get up to speed on making my own ROM that I could? I'd like a crack at this KitKat.:happy3: