latest cm10.1 20130113 update not compatible with siyah?

kchung1980

Reaction score
Hi guys

I just updated to the latest cm10.1 nightly update today and when I reflash siyah 1.8.6 All problems seems to happen. The cyanogen boot up logo started extremely slow and when the phone booted up the ui and the whole phone just unusably lags.
I had to restore from a backup and when I tried to reinstall siyah again the same thing happens.
Now Im just using the stock cm kernel but missing my over clock :(
Anyone else going through this problem?

OP
K

kchung1980

Reaction score
I was simply using the cm10.1 nightlies...it was just an update.

I did however not have the kernel flashed when I updated the ROM through cmupdater. But I don't think that should make a difference right?

clueless77

Reaction score
I wouldn't think so but I can't be for sure. I never update a ROM in that manner. I always flash in CWM just so I know every step was taken. I've only dirty flashed a few times even. But that's a personal preference.

OP
K

kchung1980

Reaction score
I am using i9300...always have been.
Its working now.

There was an update siyah 1.8.7 yesterday also which has solved the problem.
Thanks

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think so but I can't be for sure. I never update a ROM in that manner. I always flash in CWM just so I know every step was taken. I've only dirty flashed a few times even. But that's a personal preference.
What steps do you take when you update a nightly on CWM?

OP
K

kchung1980

Reaction score
I never go through that whole process...I just update thru cmudater. I can understand the benefits of flashing everything from scratch but the annoying thing is you lose all data and all games and apps will be cleared.

OP
K

kchung1980

Reaction score
I never gave titanium backup a chance really...I just always make a cwm backup and have gotten used to updating in that manner. Never really has any issues tho?

clueless77

Reaction score
Well back in my Droid X days I never stayed on one ROM for very long. Most were kangs anyway. Never really a CM 7 official nightly I never had an updater option that I can recall and very rarely use the nandroid backups I make so titanium backup is just another part of flashing to me.

OP
K

kchung1980

Reaction score
Ok..I have downloaded titanium pro. Just backed everything up. Cleared my whole phone data dalvik etc etc. Just thought I would start fresh. However when I booted up titanium needed downloading again?

I would have thought superuser would have somehow kept titanium?

I backed up a nandroid with cwm just before hand just invade so I'm back to where I was.

So do I have to download titanium again or am I doing something wrong?

clueless77

Reaction score
Yes just go to market and get titanium backup and don't forget to allow 3rd party apps in settings then run titanium backup edit filters for your backed up apps. I'd personally spend a few bucks and get the pro key but again personal preference