Latest Leaked Nexus 5X Pic Hits the Web; Shows Off Camera Bump from Side View

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-5x-leaked-image-1.jpg

If the rumors are correct, later on this month we will finally get to see the full reveal for the LG-Made Google Nexus 5X smartphone. Before that happens, the rumors and leaks have been flooding out. The latest leak includes a new image of the device which gives us our first good side-view, including the camera bump from the larger lens on the device.

AndroidPIT-Nexus-5-2015-side-view-thin-w782.png

Of course, the image also reveals the two-tone flash on the camera, as well as the fingerprint reader. Here's a recap of the rumored internal hardware:
  • 5.2-inch Quad HD display
  • Six-core Snapdragon 808 processor
  • 3 GB of RAM
  • Android 6.0 Marshmallow
As we reported previously, we might get to se it unveiled on September 29, with a rumored cost of $399 at launch. How many of you folks are excited for this one?

Here's our dedicated Nexus 5X section for further discussion: Nexus 5X (2015) | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

You can see several images of the Nexus 5X in the thread below.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are those side-view leaked images of the Nexus 5X:

AndroidPIT-Nexus-5-2015-side-view-thin-w782.png

The second image is just a comparison to the current OG Nexus 5.

AndroidPIT-Nexus-5-2015-side-view-comparison-w782.jpg

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it looks "Nexy".

Gotta love that fingerprint reader, something the Nexus 6 sorely missed out on.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Because it was the "it" thing that was coming out at the time.

After the iPhone 6 made it popular again, all the Android OEMs had to follow (One Max, Galaxy S5, etc.)

Motorola wanted the best fingerprint reader technology possible at the time, so they were going to go with the company they used with the Atrix 4G (2011), Authentec, however they were bought by Apple in 2012, and Apple included it in their last flagship when it was perfected.

Still, 2 years later, Authentec is the best, when the Nexus was ready for primetime.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
But what does a fingerprint reader get me? Or what does it do for me, besides unlock.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Isn't Marshmallow the one that has native fingerprint scanner support though? Would make no sense to put a scanner in last year's nexus when the OS version it launched with didn't support it. How would you sell more Nexus devices next year if all last year's needed was an update to the software to enable the scanner? ;)

But what does a fingerprint reader get me? Or what does it do for me, besides unlock.
Authenticate your identity. For example, I can setup my fingerprint on my Note 4 with my Paypal account.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I'm sorta excited about this one. Any info on battery size yet?

VirtualCLD

Reaction score
Dang, the volume buttons are in the center of the edge, which means my current car dock grip will interfere with them. I hate it when those phone dock side grips grab the phone on the buttons.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It should be enough. M is running better on battery

NexusSix
Besides, if they'd have gone for an even 3k, you wouldn't get the awesome camera nipple effect, because the back could then be flush with the lens.