LauncherPro+ and redraw

raptor5655

Reaction score
I have done all the tricks and it fixes my phone for a day and if I don't reboot my phone once a day the redraws come back. Just gonna wait till it all comes in a new version and hopefully fixes redraws.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MarkY3130

Reaction score
This post totally fixed my LP redraw issue!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Well, I did the terminal command said earlier in the thread. Appeared to work for 30 minutes and was looking at this website in the Droid browser, and yes, another redraw. I am using LP+.

I rebooted and I think I wiped cache in Clockwork. I also used Cache Cleaner just in case.

The only way I can stop this is with clicking System Persistant in ADW settings when I use that.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I flashed UD 1.0.0 last night and I am running stock kernel set at 250mhz/1ghz. I have had very few redraws. Haven't tried the terminal emulator trick since I flashed the new version of UD, but it seems to be much better...

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Actually I installed Autokiller Memory Optimizer and I have it set to the "Optimized" preset.

"Free memory 48 MB"
"Foregrand app 6"
"Visible app 8"
"Secondary server 16"
"Hidden app 40"
"Content provider 50"
"Empty app 60"

I may decide to go with a more aggressive setting later but I haven't had any issues with slowdowns that much.

I've noticed that a lot of times it boils down to whatever free RAM you have on your machine at the time. I'm ok with Android keeping apps loaded into the memory, as long as there is a certain amount of "free RAM" for newly loaded apps, current running apps. Having less RAM just seems to bog down the system.

kgplucker

Reaction score
Ok. I really don't get all this stuff but if something doesn't change - the Droid is going away. What is Terminal Emulator? My redraw is so slow I can't make calls or anything.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Terminal Emulator is an application available free in the Market

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

VolDroid

Reaction score
Once i cleared my cache following the instructions on here, I haven't had any problems with my redraws at all.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Before you give your droid up, try installing ADW Launcher and check System Persistant in ADW settings. You will need to reset up your home screens, fyi. Its worth it. I was suffering from massive redraw.

kgplucker

Reaction score
I am using ADW, love it. I just went in and checked that setting. We'll see what happens.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Please post if this helps. It seems I am the only one swearing by it. I was in redraw hell until I found this fix. 99% of the problem gone.