Launchers, which one do you like?

SwagTech

Reaction score
I recently made my biggest purchase from the app market ever. I downloaded SPB Shell 3D for $14.95!!! However I love it. It was exactly what I was looking for. I love the animations. I must admit there are a few free launchers that I have used that actually perform slightly better, but again its about the animations with me and the constant discovery of new features within the launcher. For this I don't mind paying developers for doing something that I wish I could do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I just recently stopped using the stock launcher. I decided to try out the latest nova beta and am enjoying it. I may take the leap and buy the premium version.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
I agree, I started using Nova after my stock launcher as well. I believe that its the best close to stock launcher there is.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I am using Apex, which is similar to Nova. Close to stock, with added features. Launchers are very much personal preference though. I still kinda prefer the vertical scrolling drawer over the horizontal offering.

Reaction score
I am using Apex, which is similar to Nova. Close to stock, with added features. Launchers are very much personal preference though. I still kinda prefer the vertical scrolling drawer over the horizontal offering.

THIS

tried a whole bunch of launchers and then i found Apex. never looked back.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

Agree on Apex - the market version is nice but they are still releasing some beta versions which offer more customization options...definitely worth checking out!

Reaction score
i use NOVA.

APEX sux-- force closes, reboots, blank screens, and lag, which is unfortunate because it offers more features than NOVA.

Reaction score
Agree on Apex - the market version is nice but they are still releasing some beta versions which offer more customization options...definitely worth checking out!

the beta version is only free until the 30th. it only offers a couple extra gestures anyway.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
the beta version is only free until the 30th. it only offers a couple extra gestures anyway.

True, it is a limited beta license but it is worth donating to the devs if it works for you (meaning me or anyone else who uses it)...luckily, we have many choices so no one is stuck with just one.

One of the features that Apex offers in the beta that I don't think any other launcher offers is the ability to add 1x1 widgets to the dockbar...that is pretty cool IMO...

Graymayre

Reaction score
I can't seem to get Apex on my bionic. Even tried sideloading it with no success. It's not compatible with Bionic according to market. I'm running eclipse 2.2 and I shouldn't have a problem with it. Same with NOVA, so I have to use Go Launcher. I would really like to try Apex tho

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I can't seem to get Apex on my bionic. Even tried sideloading it with no success. It's not compatible with Bionic according to market. I'm running eclipse 2.2 and I shouldn't have a problem with it. Same with NOVA, so I have to use Go Launcher. I would really like to try Apex tho

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Apex and Nova are restricted to devices running Android 4.0 only. You'll have to find a ICS Rom for the Bionic to be able to try them.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

69copo

Reaction score
I've tried ADW and Go Launcher. Go is by far my favorite so I've changed my whole phone to Go (SMS, contacts and such). Never heard of Apex or Nova gonna have to check them out and report back. This is why I love DF I'm always finding new stuff!

Sent from down range using DroidForums

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
What makes a great launcher? Is it the ease of use? Or like was mentioned before, personal preference. I get bored easily, so I prefer launchers with the most customization. When I'm at work, I like to play with my phone and discover new things that I never knew before.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like Apex for ICS and I like LauncherPro for GB.

AOKP