launchers with the N3

acousticshade

Reaction score
Since my phone is a work phone, I am very hesitant to root, but I really like using launchers. I don't particularly like the app layout on this phone. I should be able to change the layout to 5 or 6 apps across, not just 4. Does anyone know if this is possible with stock touchwiz on the N3?

If it's not possible, I could use a launcher, but I suspect it kills the s pen functions and the multi-window. Is there a launcher out there that keeps some or all those functions?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
All 3rd party launchers still allow the use of the S Pen and Multi-Window feature...Apex, Nova, Go Launcher are all good choices to start with...

steeletown

Reaction score
A launcher will not kill your s pen Features. I'm using Nova launcher and still have all my features.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
You could try this one

[video=youtube;ZlgJwR8jrTo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlgJwR8jrTo[/video]

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Plenty of great choices ..Nova prime user here ..Touchwiz made it a whole 5 min last night

N3 tapa

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Nova. It didn't hurt my s pen or multi window a bit.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode (Notetoo)

OP
acousticshade

acousticshade

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for all the great replies. Still considering between this and the G2. Touchwiz was a big negative for me, so it's good to know I can mostly bypass it.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have been a Nova Prime user since I got my S4, loaded it right away on the Note 3. The UI of Touchwiz looks too cartoonie. Nova is great, plus I really like the Stark and Vintage Icon packs from the Play Store.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Honestly pretty much all of the launchers are great. They are what make Android, Android in my opinion.

I use TSF Shell. Nothing like it. The sky is the limit. I'm curious to see what it would be like on the Note 3...

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I also use Nova which I love but I do have one complaint. I really wish I could get the stock weather widget to work with it.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
Even though I posted that I didn't have a problem with Touch wiz on a different post, I did switch to Go which I had used on my last device. All functions are still available.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I think Touchwiz is good for smartphone newbies. It does a lot of stuff for you in a sleek way. The other launchers are more complex and allow for a much greater, if not unlimited level of customization, but require a bit more effort.

Touchwiz is fun for awhile, but since I've tried TSF I don't think I'll ever go back to any launcher again...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Anyone using Nova or another custom launcher that didn't change it or might know off hand. What is the default Desktop Grid size for the Note 3, I have it on 6 rows and 5 Columns and something does not look right.

I imported my old settings from my S4, I could restore to default but I don't want to lose all my other changes.

Edit: Never mind looks like I got it, 5 x 4 is the default it seems.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Your right Sydman it is 5x4 - I was just checking for you.

Do you use a weather widget? If so what are you using?