Leaving the M8

OP
scottysize

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Oh wait. I forgot about that two week window where I tried out a HTC One Maxx phablet. Ya, it lasted 2 weeks, then went up for sale. Waaay too big for me. Just squeeze that one in between the first G2 and M8. So it's this way:
...G2 (Ranks right up there with the Dinc), then
HTC One Max (Holy Crap! I didn't know you could use a tablet as a phone!?), then
M8 (Not a fan), and now back to G2 (YES!).
I still might get the G3 (?).

hkwise01

Reaction score
Droid Inc, HTC rebound, Droid DNA, and finally to the M8. I agree the Droid Inc was an awesome phone for its time but I think it stuck out the most for me due to coming from an HTC Fuze.

I had originally planned on going with the G3 but after using the m8 I fell for the front facing speakers. I stream alot of media and these things are awesome!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i would switch back to the G2 if it wasn't a hassle. there's not much of a benefit to the M8 but it's not worth switching.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I have the m8 now and like it, just wish the camera was up to par... May pick up the G3 if I can manage an early upgrade. The M8 is a top notch phone.. like I said, its just the camera.. which isnt even all that bad.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Oh wait. I forgot about that two week window where I tried out a HTC One Maxx phablet. Ya, it lasted 2 weeks, then went up for sale. Waaay too big for me. Just squeeze that one in between the first G2 and M8. So it's this way:
...G2 (Ranks right up there with the Dinc), then
HTC One Max (Holy Crap! I didn't know you could use a tablet as a phone!?), then
M8 (Not a fan), and now back to G2 (YES!).
I still might get the G3 (?).

I had a few phones myself. Too many to name...

mobile-phones.jpg

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
i would switch back to the G2 if it wasn't a hassle. there's not much of a benefit to the M8 but it's not worth switching.

I like both phones ..M8 has advantages to me ..sd card ...speakers and music ...pics in low light ..although camera G2 I like better..And most importantly..

development..development..development...lol

I have the m8 now and like it, just wish the camera was up to par... May pick up the G3 if I can manage an early upgrade. The M8 is a top notch phone.. like I said, its just the camera.. which isnt even all that bad.

It's okay just okay ..good enough ..some good pics ..some not so good pics

M8 tap'd

OP
scottysize

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
The Ericsson and Nokia circled were my 2 favorite AT&T phones that I carried for the longest time. I'd say 2 years each. The original Razr V3 was my favorite Verizon cell phone. I carried it from the release date up until I went to a Crackberry in 2008.
View attachment 71984

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I can't even remember 2008...lol

OP
scottysize

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I can't even remember 2008...lol
2008, shoot. I was working for DFW (Dallas/Fort Worth) Airport in 1990. At that time airport employees could get a cellphone with free nights and weekends because we worked at "The Big Airport". That's why I decided to get one. They locked you into a contract for 2 years. When I joined the Air Force in 1993, I was still under a contract with the Motorola "Brick" and had to get my step-dad to take over the cellphone plan. He gave it back to me when I was stationed back in Texas in 1997, but by then digital was starting to come online and phones were starting to get smaller. Now it's crazy. They are actually getting bigger. In 2000 I wanted the smallest phone they made. Now I'm wanting a 5.5" display. Of course my eye sight is starting to get worse ;)

OP
scottysize

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
This was my first smart phone. I picked it up at the end of 2004. It lasted a month and then I replaced it with the Razr V3. I could only get 2 hours of battery life out of this phone. I had to sync it with a PC. There wasn't any real internet on it. Just that fake one that they had back then.

View attachment 71989

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Haha ..and I remember the Moto Startac...I thought I was cool then ..hehe

M8 tap'd

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Wow. You all are making me feel old. This or a similar one was my first work-issued phone.
pa8yrusu.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8