LG Holding Press Event December 1st; Likely to Launch the LG Nitro HD Flagship Phone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-pressevent-dec-2011.png

LG has been quiet on the Android smartphone front for quite some time, while their competitors have been announcing or releasing phones left and right, (HTC Rezound, Motorola Droid RAZR, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, etc.). It appears that now they are getting back into the game, and have broken their silence. LG is going to hold a press event in New York, where they are expected to launch their newest flagship device, called the LG Nitro HD. Not much is known about the phone, except that it will supposedly have some pretty impressive specs, not the least of which is a 4.5-Inch, 1,280x720 HD display. Some speculation is that the previously leaked LG Optimus LTE and this phone are actually the same thing. If that is true, then what has been revealed about that phone previously was the following:
  • Android 2.3 Gingerbread
  • Dual-core 1.5GHz processor
  • 8-megapixel camera with 1080p HD video capture and playback
This is nice to see from the company that usually caters to the entry-level to mid-range crowd. Sometimes you just have to put out a powerful phone to show off a bit. What do you guys think? Would you consider an LG phone?

Source: Android.net via CNet

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
We'll see. Most of LGs high end phones enter the US with a bang, but then just float away. The G2X I believe isn't going anywhere past GB, and who knows whatever happened to the Thrill 4G.

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
I saw what this phone actually looks like at Androidguys.com, a quick google search on images would kick up the same. I would totally get one if the bootloader was unlocked, LG's always made a good phone.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yes but unfortunately I believe it's going to at&t. But I loved my LG Voyager :)

Last edited:

Lerner

Reaction score
.....and? Nevermind, according to CNET :"Thursday at 3 p.m. PT" So not until this afternoon. Still - you think something would've leaked this morning...

Last edited: