OP
cboss

cboss

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V10
Twitter
virgo707
Pick up the v10 a few days ago on att next - coming from the note 4, heck coming from last 5 years with samsung. I also signed up for the promo already with the extra battery and sd card, also received 100gig from google drive.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Let us know your thoughts on your new toy...

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
Bought this Friday. Loved it at first. This morning at work I used bluetooth to transfer a few pics from my old Note 3 to the V10. It did it with no problem but it drained the battery 40% really fast! I then shut off bluetooth on both devices and the battery drain continued. It got down to around 25% and I plugged in the phone but it seems to be charging very slowly like something is still running and draining the battery. I have restarted it to make sure nothing was running and no change. 30+ mins of charging and it went from 23% to 26%. I am not using the cable that came with it but it should still charge with any one. Another issue and the one that really worries me is that the phone is always running warm, even when just sitting on my desk here at work. If I have the phone do something like update apps or run a program it gets quite hot. Has anyone else heard of this happening with this phone? I'm wondering if I should return it to AT&T store and see what they say. Any thoughts?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Having poor phone reception, WiFi connection, data connection can cause your phone to run hot due to trying to constantly search for a better connection. Also check your network mode data connection and make sure it is not set on global but set to 3g/4g. Apps that continuously run in the background are also huge culprits, especially CPU optimizer, speed booster apps.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Bought this Friday. Loved it at first. This morning at work I used bluetooth to transfer a few pics from my old Note 3 to the V10. It did it with no problem but it drained the battery 40% really fast! I then shut off bluetooth on both devices and the battery drain continued. It got down to around 25% and I plugged in the phone but it seems to be charging very slowly like something is still running and draining the battery. I have restarted it to make sure nothing was running and no change. 30+ mins of charging and it went from 23% to 26%. I am not using the cable that came with it but it should still charge with any one. Another issue and the one that really worries me is that the phone is always running warm, even when just sitting on my desk here at work. If I have the phone do something like update apps or run a program it gets quite hot. Has anyone else heard of this happening with this phone? I'm wondering if I should return it to AT&T store and see what they say. Any thoughts?
What was your screen brightness? How was your signal? I would try the supplied charger and cable..especially with companies using different faster charging methods in their devices. Try powering it off and charging it for a short while...or putting it in airplane mode..but aside from that. I'd be having at&t take a look at it...I know the first thing they'll do is a factory data reset and hand it back to you..vzw is the same way...

I'm strange..and now days you shouldn't have to..but i do factory data resets on my devices right out of the box..the experience I had with my g3 and the g1 razr maxx, started that ..good luck and let us know what happens..

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
What was your screen brightness? How was your signal? I would try the supplied charger and cable..especially with companies using different faster charging methods in their devices. Try powering it off and charging it for a short while...or putting it in airplane mode..but aside from that. I'd be having at&t take a look at it...I know the first thing they'll do is a factory data reset and hand it back to you..vzw is the same way...

I'm strange..and now days you shouldn't have to..but i do factory data resets on my devices right out of the box..the experience I had with my g3 and the g1 razr maxx, started that ..good luck and let us know what happens..

Screen brightness was at max. That may have contributed to it. Also at work I am on the fringe of a signal so that also could be an issue. As for running hot I may just try a factory reset and see if it fixes it. If not I'll try a visit to AT&T and see what happens. I'll let you know.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Screen brightness was at max. That may have contributed to it. Also at work I am on the fringe of a signal so that also could be an issue. As for running hot I may just try a factory reset and see if it fixes it. If not I'll try a visit to AT&T and see what happens. I'll let you know.
Please do..many of us are interested in that device..I've had the g2 and g3 for a short time..g4 was kinda meh.. So.I'm interested in seeing what this device does .

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
Please do..many of us are interested in that device..I've had the g2 and g3 for a short time..g4 was kinda meh.. So.I'm interested in seeing what this device does .

Update: I took the phone off the charger around 7AM. I played a quick round of a pix game with my wife and updated my Family Guy game. Total time was around 20 minutes. Not much else. The battery currently sits at 71%. If the decline continues at the same rate then I figure the battery should last until approximately 5PM. That would give me 10 hours on the battery with little to no use for 8 hours of it. My brightness is around 60% and I have 1 bar of signal that comes and goes. My wifi is on but I have no wifi here. I have never turned it off on my old Note 3 either. In the time it has taken me to type this, the battery has dropped to 68%. Does that seem right? Seems like a pretty extreme drop to me. Maybe I'm expecting too much since it's a new battery/phone?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sorry to hear about your less than stellar battery life @kixfan ! One, you need to turn your WiFi off if you're not actually using it. Your burning up a lot of battery because you're device is constantly searching for a signal. (This goes for any app or feature you don't use regularly) Two, because your signal at home is scarce, and the fact that you only have 1 bar means that your network is constantly scanning for a better connection, so that's going to drain your battery faster than normal as well.
Three, most games consume a lot of battery on their own, even with a strong 4G signal.
Hang in there, I'm sure some others will weigh in on this and offer some more tips.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
Sorry to hear about your less than stellar battery life @kixfan ! One, you need to turn your WiFi off if you're not actually using it. Your burning up a lot of battery because you're device is constantly searching for a signal. (This goes for any app or feature you don't use regularly) Two, because your signal at home is scarce, and the fact that you only have 1 bar means that your network is constantly scanning for a better connection, so that's going to drain your battery faster than normal as well.
Three, most games consume a lot of battery on their own, even with a strong 4G signal.
Hang in there, I'm sure some others will weigh in on this and offer some more tips.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

Backing it up now and going to try a factory reset. If that doesn't change anything then I'll return it and try another one. Could be a hardware issue I guess. Could even be an error in some software running in the background constantly. I haven't seen a lot of reports on this phone overheating online anywhere yet. Maybe I just got the "lucky" phone. :)

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Games make most devices run much warmer than normal, so keep that in mind. (Especially if you've got other apps running in the background) going forward keep WiFi, Bluetooth & Location Services turned off when not in use.
Let us know how you make out after the FDR.

S5 tap'n