Liberty 2.0 works with v7 romer

arsci

Reaction score
1. Sensors - No the sensors still do not work. Not a big deal to me other then the proximity sensor, but just my oppinion.

2. Navigation - Navi uses GPS so I see no reason the sensors should have any impact on navi.

3. Soft Keys(below screen) - Yes they still stay on for about 15 seconds after the screen is off, most, but not all of the time. 15 seconds of these keys being lit isnt really going to put a big drain on the battery, so I see no reason to worry about it personally.

4. Battery Life- I need to track down a battery killer on my phone i Think so no comment here.

5. Stock Alarm - It may be possible, but this would be a do it your self mod as the alarm is part of blur. Here is a thread with some info if your brave:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...xt-messaging-apex-v1-possibly-other-roms.html
Try Alarm Clock Pro. Works great for me and can read the time and weather to you when it goes off.

Awesome! Thanks a lot for all your help so far...i dont think ill go through all of that with the alarm. The only thing I like about the stock alarm is the screen when its going off. I like that the entire screen is a snooze button, and to dismiss it you have to slide the dismiss bar across the screen. It prevents me from accidentally hitting the snooze button when i start tapping the screen in my less than alert morning state. haha.

I think I'm going to go ahead and try this again. As for backing up, I did a system backup from droid 2 bootstrapper and with titanium backup, do I need to backup anything else? After backup I just need to flash liberty then flash romer v7 and i'm set right?

boogster

Reaction score
so after about 4 or 5 different flashes i FINALLY got liberty 2.0.1 runnin on my d2g... so people dont have to go through pages to find it again-

- delete 'liberty' folder on SD before flash
- unzip new patch HERE to root of SD
- create back-up
- wipe data/cache/delvik/batt.stats
- flash liberty 2.0.1
- flash grd romer v7
- boot, then download liberty tool box
- go to setting>liberty settings> and uncheck 'Automatic Updates'

reboot both manually and by power button a few times... seems to be working so far for me.... nice to have market and browser :D thanks to everyone that had the issues so i could learn from the mistakes :D

thank you heaps man that helped my gsm issue liberty runs perfect now

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks a lot for all your help so far...i dont think ill go through all of that with the alarm. The only thing I like about the stock alarm is the screen when its going off. I like that the entire screen is a snooze button, and to dismiss it you have to slide the dismiss bar across the screen. It prevents me from accidentally hitting the snooze button when i start tapping the screen in my less than alert morning state. haha.

I think I'm going to go ahead and try this again. As for backing up, I did a system backup from droid 2 bootstrapper and with titanium backup, do I need to backup anything else? After backup I just need to flash liberty then flash romer v7 and i'm set right?
lol I think you will be quite satisfied with the alarm clock app I mentioned. It reminds me of blur alarm but more options.

As for back ups, you should be good to go. :)

so after about 4 or 5 different flashes i FINALLY got liberty 2.0.1 runnin on my d2g... so people dont have to go through pages to find it again-

- delete 'liberty' folder on SD before flash
- unzip new patch HERE to root of SD
- create back-up
- wipe data/cache/delvik/batt.stats
- flash liberty 2.0.1
- flash grd romer v7
- boot, then download liberty tool box
- go to setting>liberty settings> and uncheck 'Automatic Updates'

reboot both manually and by power button a few times... seems to be working so far for me.... nice to have market and browser :D thanks to everyone that had the issues so i could learn from the mistakes :D
Few unneeded steps here though. No need to delete the liberty folder you can copy the patch folder right over it. Trivial but saves a step. There is no need to wipe all those things. A simple wipe data is sufficient.Your wasting a bit of extra time with all these other wipes although wiping batt stats isnt a bad idea.

arsci

Reaction score
Got everything installed, looks like everything is working properly. Had a little hiccup with the 3G stuff but I think i got that taken care of. With the sensors out of commission, does that mean the phone won't recognize the car dock?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Got everything installed, looks like everything is working properly. Had a little hiccup with the 3G stuff but I think i got that taken care of. With the sensors out of commission, does that mean the phone won't recognize the car dock?

From what I see the car dock has a connector that slide in to the charging port. I would guess this is what triggers car home so I dont think the sensors have any affect on recognizing the dock. Now will the sensors prevent the screen from turning side ways? I cant say for sure, but my guess is the same connector the slide in to the charging port automatically triggers the phone to go into landscape mode.

moreyos

Reaction score
I was gonna go with Liberty 1.5 and Romer7 but I just saw this thread and I'll probably go with Liberty 2.0. The only problem I have is I'm worried about SBF.

If someone could QUICKLY put my nerves at ease that would be helpful lol

SBF goes back to stock, I get it. If I brick my phone, and have to SBF what do I lose on my phone?

Also whats the deal with going back to another rom if I install Liberty 2 and Romer7 without bricking my phone. Say I have a backup of my Fission right now and also a backup of the stock. Can I just use one of the backups or do I have to SBF to get out of Liberty altogether?

sid_wisc

Reaction score
I was gonna go with Liberty 1.5 and Romer7 but I just saw this thread and I'll probably go with Liberty 2.0. The only problem I have is I'm worried about SBF.

If someone could QUICKLY put my nerves at ease that would be helpful lol

SBF goes back to stock, I get it. If I brick my phone, and have to SBF what do I lose on my phone?

Also whats the deal with going back to another rom if I install Liberty 2 and Romer7 without bricking my phone. Say I have a backup of my Fission right now and also a backup of the stock. Can I just use one of the backups or do I have to SBF to get out of Liberty altogether?

SBF, is relatively an easy process as long as you have administrative rights on your computer, have the right files (SBF and RSD) and have installed the right motorola drivers. I have seldom come across anyone in this forum who has bricked the phone beyond a repair by SBF so I think you have good chances... SBF will bring everything back to normal and you do not loose anything other than your customization and all your settings of email etc. and you will have to redo everything.

If you have a backup of fission, stock or any other ROM you can just go back to that through bootstrap recovery. The only problem people face is not being able to install fission etc on top of Liberty even with wipe data etc. so make sure you have a nandroid backup of at least teh stock before you install the Liberty... feel free to PM me with any question if you need to ask anything.... N'joy!!!!!!!!!!

arsci

Reaction score

From what I see the car dock has a connector that slide in to the charging port. I would guess this is what triggers car home so I dont think the sensors have any affect on recognizing the dock. Now will the sensors prevent the screen from turning side ways? I cant say for sure, but my guess is the same connector the slide in to the charging port automatically triggers the phone to go into landscape mode.

Well I know it doesn't do it by the charging port because if I set it just right over one of the speakers on my laptop, it goes into car dock mode. Move it over a little and it goes into multimedia home mode or whatever the home dock mode is. Went out and tried it, and it does in fact work. It also automatically switches to landscape mode but that could possibly be a result of my car dock app (car dashboard) because I have that set to lock in lanscape mode. Stays in landscape when I close the app though. Hopefully this helps someone else!

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Well I know it doesn't do it by the charging port
I am pretty confident, not that it really matters, that the charging connector has a chip built in to it that sends a special signal/command to the OS so that it knows to launch car home. Regardless, glad it worked, and thanks for the feedback.

DroidFreako

Reaction score
Need LibertyV2.0.1 in D2G

I recently rooted my D2G and tried installing Liberty 2.0.1. As we all know there was no ROM available . I have a Liberty Toolbar Donate. If I want to put V7 rommer, and install Liberty Please guide me step by step procedure to that so as I am very new to this . please explain me abt the sensor problem also

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Look in the Liberty section under DX, there's a download link and instructions. Follow them, there are 2 differences to it though. Get the attachment on pg8 of this thread and unzip it to the root of your sd card before flashing and flash the grd romer after flashing Liberty.

Sent from an Angelic D2G

moreyos

Reaction score
Ok so what i did is changed the file on my SD card, under Liberty/downloads to prevent it from downloading the updated and applying it.

So this is what you have to do is go to your SD card and delete a folder called liberty. Unzip the folder into the root of your sd Card from attachments on this post. then..

Bootstrap into recovery and preform wipe..install of liberty 2.0.1 is the file i used, then romer, restart phone. When the phone restarts download Liberty toolbox then go to liberty setting uncheck updates.

to make sure it works check the folder before restarting it and the patch of the patch should 1.60 kB not 1.62. it has worked for me with 15 reboots Good luck i hope i have helped.

What is all this about? I read somewhere to go to page 8 of this thread for the data fix. Put Liberty 2.0 and Romer7 on last night and my phone works great. I don't have a data problem? Or at least not that I know of...is there a way to toggle background data on and off without having to go through the settings? I get there are widgets that do it but they do some like trick to turning the data off.

I text a ton on my phone so I'm always opening it, texting, putting it away. So even if I do play with the power saver settings it won't affect my battery life cause I look at it far too often. I figured by turning off data I can text normally and save battery. Also my workplace blows for signal so 3G is not always available and my battery dies much quicker here. I have no problem turning data back on when I start browsing the Internet or want to do something other than text.

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You only need it if your on 2.0.1 (which I think most everyone is by now).

There's widgets that can toggle it.

Sent from an Angelic D2G

moreyos

Reaction score
You only need it if your on 2.0.1 (which I think most everyone is by now).

There's widgets that can toggle it.

Sent from an Angelic D2G

Uh I'm on 2.0.1, what does this zip fix? And I needed to install it BEFORE I flashed with Liberty? I'm trying to send a picture message now and it won't go through. I turned background data back on before I tried to send.

Do I need this data fix in order to send picture messages?

If so...can I just install the data fix, reflash with Liberty, then Romer7 and I'll be good to go?

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Have you rebooted? if not then you can just do it now. Im not sure if it would affect pic messages.