Liberty 2.0

kswift

Is liberty 2.0 out yet. If so how do I update. When I check phone it says system up to date.

Liberated Droid X OC'D 1.25GHZ

OP
K

kswift

If I can figure out how to update to 2.0 will all of my screens be blank when I update?

OP
K

kswift

That did not answer my question. Why should I not update?

beckerfj

kswift,

Liberty 2.0.1 is the latest Liberty right now. Jrummy16 and team are actively working on a Gingerbread version of Liberty and based off what is being tweeted, it'll likely drop fairly soon.

However, if you still want to install 2.0.1, it is located in the sticky section (the top section) of this forum. Here is the URL to it:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/137375-liberty-rom-v-2-0-a.html

I clicked on one of the downloads and the file is listed as 2.0.1 so it should work for you.

OP
K

kswift

Does not work. Is a there not a free version? Do you have to donate to get 2.0

beckerfj

Oh, unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that one. However, based off Post 1, I would assume that the Install Option 2 is free.

I'm still on Liberty v1.5 waiting for the GB drop. Hopefully someone else can provide you with the answer...

quentin-

It's literally in that thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/137375-liberty-rom-v-2-0-a.html

Look for the big font that says download and there's two links for the Droid X to download the 2.0.1 version. You don't have to donate to use Liberty, but that shouldn't encourage you to say "Hell with the developer."

Make sure you're on .340 and make sure you perform a nandroid backup and then wipe data/cache (which will erase all your apps/screens, so be sure to back those up). The rest of the directions are in that thread.

BoJatey

I don't see anywhere it says to download.

Dude, pay the $5 to get the toolbox. If you want to install 2.0.1, go to Rom Manager, download it, and install it. If you want to skip 2.0.1 and upgrade to GB running Liberty, which is the best of both worlds, go to Rom Manager, Nightlies, and download the full install. As always with a new install, backup system using D2 Bootstrap, back up apps with Titanium Backup, and export your contacts to SD card. Before you install the one you pick, wipe data and cache. After install and reboot, go to market and reinstall Titanium to restore your apps and data. Now your screens won't be empty. Contacts should be there but if not import from SD card and you should be good to go.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums