Liberty Bug Report Thread!

Oliver84

Reaction score
message app force closing

I've wiped data and cache and tried reinstalling like 3 times now. I've even tried it without the restore app feature but my message app still force closes every time I try to use it. I haven't seen anyone else complain about this issue, any suggestions?

morenoc12

Reaction score
Akarm

I noticed that the blur alarm doesn't reset automaticly but have to go into it and reset it every time even though it set to repeat every day

bhink11235

Reaction score
Ummm...my camera just straight up stopped working. I flashed from gummy to liberty last week and a lot of my apps just sorta disappeared. Included, were my camera and camcorder shortcuts. Now I can't even open using my camera button. any ideas?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
Ummm...my camera just straight up stopped working. I flashed from gummy to liberty last week and a lot of my apps just sorta disappeared. Included, were my camera and camcorder shortcuts. Now I can't even open using my camera button. any ideas?

In the old gummy 2.0 thread theres a random post that has the d2 blur camera.zip file....you could try that.

jeagolf

Reaction score
Voice Recorder/ NAV/ Car Dock

The Voice Recorder crashes a whole lot. Also the LCD screen and the numbers are not lined up. I am thinking the numbers not lining up is do to the increased resolution settings I encorporated. Also the addition of teh MP3 donate addition causes the Voice recorder to pretty much be inoperative.

The Nav for the car dock will not launch at all. And the really awesome Nav application does not seem to be there at all. I am talking about the Nav on the stock ROM that has the blue Triangle. That is an AWESOME app, that I would like to see back.

Hope this helps!

Thanks by the way for an AWESOME ROM! WAY COOL.

RevNumbers

Reaction score
Market won't download anything on my D2.

sent from my Liberty infused Droid 2

Try clearing the data in settings... if that doesn't work unmount your sdcard and try the market with it unmounted... not sure why that works sometimes but it's been successful on my end, lol

typoink

Reaction score
Might be my inexperience with ROMs, but my phone's default search is stuck on using an outdated Google search. I installed Bing, and there's a newer version of Google on there, but neither will allow set as default. I tried uninstalling the bundled outdated version, and now my search button just doesn't respond.

bitzer

Reaction score
I'm unable to get the Camera [blur] App to download/install. It says that it's completed the task, but it's not actually in the (/sdcard/liberty/downloads) directory and isn't actually installed. Is there a repository from which it can be downloaded (like the themes I had to manually download)?

Also, I'm experiencing the same issues mentioned by a few, where (after being locked) the phone will not respond to unlock actions and will, ultimately reboot. Sometimes, if I see that it didn't unlock the first time I tried, I can leave it alone and it will eventually come back to me (without rebooting) but it will normally reboot. It doesn't happen often (maybe once a day, twice at most) but it's frustrating enough that I'd like to know if there's some way to resolve this issue. *I also had this problem with GummyJAR

In any event, this ROM is still wonderful and I'd like to say thank you to everyone involved in it's creation and continued support!

bitzer

Reaction score
I'm unable to get the Camera [blur] App to download/install. It says that it's completed the task, but it's not actually in the (/sdcard/liberty/downloads) directory and isn't actually installed. Is there a repository from which it can be downloaded (like the themes I had to manually download)?

nm... found it

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Market won't download anything on my D2.

Try clearing the data in settings... if that doesn't work unmount your sdcard and try the market with it unmounted... not sure why that works sometimes but it's been successful on my end, lol

Wow unmounting worked. Thanks!

bhink11235

Reaction score
New problem same area. I got the camera apk from the gummy thread but I still don't have any form of gallery (a.k.a can't view the actual pictures) even when I just try to tap the pic in the bottom left corner of the camera itself it just takes me to my home screen

D

dankarlinski

Download fission rom manager. The downloads on there work with liberty

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.0)

Cwagmire

Reaction score
Have had Liberty for almost 2-3 weeks now and today was the first time I had a major issue. After class, I took out my phone to find that it was off and it wouldn't turn back on. After waiting 2-3 minutes, it would finally come back on.

So far, everything seems to be here, but as to why it shut off in the first place or why it wouldn't boot back automatically has me puzzled. :(

EDIT: Does Liberty have an auto restart after so many days/weeks? With stock blur, I noticed a slowdown of the Droid 2 after a 2-3 days, but rebooting the phone seemed to solve this issue.

Is there a recommended number of days/weeks to reboot the phone to avoid what happened?

Last edited: