[ROM] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Droid X 11/28 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

Nepenthe

Reaction score
I did the uninstall and installed the pro version, same thing, the customizer needs to be donated

Reaction score
Funny thing, I've rooted and put liberty on two of my co-worker's phones now since bringing my dx out of mothballs. Basically everyone at my work with vzw got a dx last year and they all have the same complaints. Slow, too much bloat and crashes alot. They saw mine flying along and that was that lol. Again, amazing product. Can't wait to try it on the d3.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

notw53

Reaction score
I'm currently on Liberty GB v.09. Do I need to do anything other than a data/cache wipe before installing this ROM? I'm downloading through JRummy's ROM Toolbox (Donate Version).

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm currently on Liberty GB v.09. Do I need to do anything other than a data/cache wipe before installing this ROM? I'm downloading through JRummy's ROM Toolbox (Donate Version).

Because your upgrading the system version... You'll need to and to 602... Then you can instal this rom

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

notw53

Reaction score
Because your upgrading the system version... You'll need to and to 602... Then you can instal this rom

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"
So how do I go about doing this? Do I need to flash back to stock and go from there or what?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
So how do I go about doing this? Do I need to flash back to stock and go from there or what?

You can flash back to stock and accept the OTA or you can skip a step and just SBF to .602 since there is one available for it.

PappaFloyd

Reaction score
You can flash back to stock and accept the OTA or you can skip a step and just SBF to .602 since there is one available for it.

I would SBF just in case, there is a chance you do the OTA and get .621 update you're screwed if you want root back.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I would SBF just in case, there is a chance you do the OTA and get .621 update you're screwed if you want root back.

Good point. I was actually just reading about the latest OTA and did not realize until the article that you could not root or SBF from it.

PappaFloyd

Reaction score
Good point. I was actually just reading about the latest OTA and did not realize until the article that you could not root or SBF from it.

Some people have bricked their phones trying an SBF from .621 Ive heard, and none of the current root methods work. You can restore root after the update with the Voodoo root app but without a SBF safety net I wouldn't flash any ROM's or anything, 1 bootloop and goodnight Irene!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I have the gnex now but I could not imagine a DX where I couldn't SBF. I used to do it on mine just to get a clean start every now and then. And flashing a ROM without one would not make me very comfortable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Cyan Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the gnex now but I could not imagine a DX where I couldn't SBF. I used to do it on mine just to get a clean start every now and then. And flashing a ROM without one would not make me very comfortable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Cyan Tapatalk

I hate you! I really want a GNEX...

X

PappaFloyd

Reaction score
I saw on Droid-Life VZW is sending out emails to long time loyal customers with an update in the near future for a free GNex. I haven't seen this email yet unfortunately, might be worth a call and see if charm gets ya anywhere! :p

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I saw on Droid-Life VZW is sending out emails to long time loyal customers with an update in the near future for a free GNex. I haven't seen this email yet unfortunately, might be worth a call and see if charm gets ya anywhere! :p

That would be amazing... we've only been with Verizon since 08 though. :(

X

nraines

Reaction score

I installed straight from Liberty GB v.09. Downloaded, backed up, wiped system data/cache and dalvik then installed. I didn't run into any problems.
*Edit: I should mention I did these steps to upgrade to Liberty 3 RC 1.1, same for v 1.0 and then v 2.0.