Liking Lollipop?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
My wife and two daughters have the Moto X. Now that L is out, how is it working on the X? I know other phones have had mixed results but that was usually with 5.0. I told them to hold off with the download until some results come in.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I gave my mom my old moto x and she just updated on tuesday. So far so good, she did not fdr and has encountered zero issues. She charges her phone frequently as is so I can't report on battery life.

Sent from my Note 4

tbolted

Reaction score
Updated this morning and not a fan so far. Battery life took a big digger, just had to plug in now when before I'd be at 30-50% at this time of day depending on use. Interface on a lot of things sucks, especially the calendar. I'm sure there will be more as I spend more time with it. Wonder if it's possible to roll back to 4.4

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
A lot of that isn't issues with the phone. There is a big adjustment visually between KK and LP. It's Googles vision. I wouldn't call it an issue, just taste.

Sent from my Note 4

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been running it since Monday and its been good. Battery life is the same or maybe even a tad better. Much smoother for the most part. I did do a factory reset though as I usually do jumping to the next OS version.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CJM

mcraeh

Reaction score
I like it so far, especially like the trusted places thing since I have to keep a pincode lock on mine for work. It's nice to have my car's bluetooth be trusted so I don't have to unlock the phone in order to make a call. I can't really be sure, but it seems like the battery is a lot better as well. I did do the FDR since I was having battery issues before the update. Right now, I'm at 56% and it has been off the charger since 5:30 this morning. The way it was going before, I would be somewhere between 30 and 40%. I also messed with it a lot this morning setting up stuff after the reset. I think it's too early to say if it will be a lot better, but so far so good for me.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
There's been some learning curve for me but catching on.

My biggest issue right now is that the camera locks up on me. Anyone else experiencing this?

tedZilla99

Reaction score
I have no battery life now, and it runs very hot almost constantly. Also, I have an issue where it will not connect to wifi with bluetooth on. Very sad about this update, guess I'm getting a new phone earlier than I thought.

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I have no battery life now, and it runs very hot almost constantly. Also, I have an issue where it will not connect to wifi with bluetooth on. Very sad about this update, guess I'm getting a new phone earlier than I thought.

Have you tried a factory reset? Often times that alone cures any update issues or it could be a app that ran fine on Kit Kat but hiccups on Lollipop without a update itself
Just a thought

tedZilla99

Reaction score
Have you tried a factory reset? Often times that alone cures any update issues or it could be a app that ran fine on Kit Kat but hiccups on Lollipop without a update itself
Just a thought

I have not tried that, do I lose everything in that case, such as apps etc.?

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes you do, but rarely does jumping to the next OS version go without issues. Usually you'll need to do a reset at some point after you update.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

JDH

Reaction score
I haven't done a fdr but I have wiped the cache twice. Little issues plus battery up and down but after cache wipe everything has settled down. Hope I haven't just jinxed myself

tbolted

Reaction score
My battery issue was mostly due to the email app. That seems to have settled down after a few force stops, and now I'm back to about normal. Unplugged for 16 hours and still at 62% battery left.

There's stuff I still don't like much, but it's not that it's better or worse, just different. By the time the next update comes out I'll have adjusted and got used to this one, and will have to go through the whole process again. The only thing I really don't like is the calendar, I think they made it more cumbersome to use for no real reason.

tbolted

Reaction score
Having a problem the last couple days with bluetooth blocking wifi. I have to turn off bluetooth in order to connect to wifi. This happened a few weeks ago before the upgrade, but turning bluetooth off once seemed to fix it for good. Until yesterday, now it seems like the two are exclusive. Hope it's not just my X and they put out a fix soon.

mcraeh

Reaction score
I am not sure, but it seems to me like my battery charges faster now than it used to. Is anyone else noticing that? The battery doesn't seem to last a LOT longer than it used to, but if I put it on the charger for half an hour, it'll be back up over 50% from 20-30. I don't remember it charging that fast at all before, although I'm not sure what an OS update would be able to do to improve that.