Liquid Gingersense v1.6 Release

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
I installed this update and it totally wrecked my phone , it froze up and rebooted constantly, so much my phone was unusable, ive been running version1.0 and i haven't had any issues , did anyone else have any issues , are maybe I just done something wrong

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

i noticed this one was clocked at 1200mhz, that may have been your issue?

damaxima

Reaction score
Thanks , I went back to 1.0 its runs smoothly for me with no issues at all

damaxima

Reaction score
I don't think I did a factory reset , are u running 1.6 if so how do u like it and what us the big difference between it and 1.0

xashaffer

Reaction score
1.6 runs a lot smoother than 1.0 and the battery life has improved. But yeah always when installing ROMs, even when going to just a new version. That's exactly why you were getting the constant reboots

RedTarget

Reaction score
Anyone else having any issues with connecting to WiFi since going to 1.6?

Disclaimer...
Yesterday I was having issues getting my inductive charger to work and I was still running Gingersense 1.3. Figured trying the latest Rom may help so I went to 1.6. Ended up that I had to change to a different Kernel for the inductive charging to work so I tried Dream, Lean and ended up running the gingerjane stock kernel as that allowed inductive charging. Now that i've done this I can see WiFi connections, but when it goes to obtain an IP Address it seems to give up and admit defeat.

Maybe this is just a kernel issue, but I put Dream sense2.3.6 on which didn't work either.

Daethian

Reaction score
Once again I can't answer phone calls :( I want to use this rom so bad too! I am on my 3rd install and thus time I didn't restore any system apps or data this time.
Any suggestions?

LtCenturio

Reaction score
Ok, so I installed LGS v 1.6 and it said thank you for installing. The phone rebooted and went through the liquid animation to my home screen, however I have no signal and when I try and unlock the screen it freezes.

Question is, what do I have to do now? I've tried to flash the MR2 radio download I have but it's still not working. Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

Razzia17

Reaction score
I installed 1.6 yesterday and TB'd all my apps back and market doctored them but the apps still say not installed on the market, but when I click them there they just say open not install. Not a huge deal but I can't update anything if it says not installed.

damaxima

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I'm just saying general things that may help, I don't know your experience with rooting and ROMs

Before you installed the new version did you make sure to do a complete wipe from Recovery? You have to Wipe/factory reset, wipe System, and wipe Davlik Cache. Then install from SD card

I tried the install again with a full wipe of everything and still couldn't get it to work , it would let me go thru the setup but when I start to stroll the homescreens it would freeze and start to continueing reboots and freezes , what am I doing wrong please help

Daethian

Reaction score
I had issues with TB as well. It only restored part of my apps, like possibly only the ones I got from Amazon. Even when I tried to manually restore one at a time it doesn't work. First time I've had this issue with TB.

I installed 1.6 yesterday and TB'd all my apps back and market doctored them but the apps still say not installed on the market, but when I click them there they just say open not install. Not a huge deal but I can't update anything if it says not installed.

Daethian

Reaction score
Follow up to my call answering issue:

If my screen is already on, I get the option to answer the call.
If my screen is off (phone is in standby), I do NOT get the option to answer the call.

So gonna try to ride this out for a few days because I love this ROM.

Is the constant prompting to use Wifi for apps a new 'feature' of Gingerbread or is this a ROM bug? The first time I installed this ROM I couldn't do anything because the Wifi Prompt kept cock blocking the SuperUser request for TB to run. I kept telling it NO but it kept popping back up. The second and third installs it didn't do this.

xashaffer

Reaction score
Simply turn off your WiFi when you aren't going to be using it and that won't pop up anymore

damaxima

Reaction score
Still having issues with this Rom it freezes up and reboot when I scroll thru the home screen everytime , what could be the cause , other than that its great , please help

borq646

Reaction score
Simply turn off your WiFi when you aren't going to be using it and that won't pop up anymore

That really isn't a long term solution. Kind of ghetto.

It's a great idea but it nags far too much. You can turn it off by going into WiFi Settings, hit the menu key, click Advanced, check Never auto turn on Wi-Fi.

I wish it would remember if you press the "never use wifi" or whatever when near a known access point. Sadly, it doesn't and every time you open something it face rapes you.

Last edited:

naitsirkc

Reaction score
My take.

Ok, so I love your roms, but this one compared to 1.4 is lacking in my opinion. I LOVED the six bars of signal as opposed to four. Also, it would be nice if you could go back to the checkmark for wifi rather than having it open the wifi settings to have to enable and disable it. I don't know if people like that because then they can choose which network to connect to or so they can add networks easily, but I find myself wanting to enable/disable it a lot more to save battery than I find myself wanting to add, edit, or choose different networks, and it's more annoying to have that extra step in there. I really like the clear button towards the top of the notification bar in the pulldown window rather than the big one at the bottom of the notifications, I just feel like I would accidentally hit it a lot when trying to tap something else. But, I'm not used to it yet, so I'm probably just biased as of right now. Another thing is it would be nice if you could get rid of the alarm notification when an alarm is set. Because I have mine set every day and it's annoying because it's always taking up space telling me I have an alarm set when I know that I do all the time. The last thing is I HATE the paginated app drawer. Yeah, I got used to it in other roms, but I just love being able to smoothly scroll quickly all the way down when I need to. But I have a lot of apps, so maybe that's just me that finds it that way.

And does anyone know if there's a way to set Personalize as the right 'soft key' in Rosie settings? And is there a patch out yet for this to enable landscape Rosie?