Liquid

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Anyone else having wifi issues?. I can't get the NFL mobile app to work either.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Anyone else having wifi issues?. I can't get the NFL mobile app to work either.

Yep, I am having wi-fi issues on and off, but otherwise seems like anything is working fine. You may try the bad radio fix for CM7 and see if that helps. I may give it a shot here shortly.
Steps to fix Bad Radio and Data Switching (Thanks Asphyx)

1 - Turn on Airplane mode and reboot (it may not say it sticks but on reboot it should come up in airplane mode)
2 - Run Rom Manager and Fix permissions (It will tell you that you should reboot)
3 - Reboot into Recovery
4 - Wipe Cache
5 - Go to Advanced and Fix Permissions (Prob not really needed but I do it anyway)
6 - Reboot System (that means hitting the power button to go back one menu in Recovery then selecting Menu Item 1)
7 - When done booting, turn off Airplane mode (should stick now)
8 - Wait for 3G Icon to appear
9 - Turn on and off WiFi at will they should switch data without issues.

Stefan82

Reaction score
Ok heres an update on the sticky/permissions thing I mentioned above. I noticed the top of the change log page mentions to wipe data,cache AND dalvik cache. So I sbfed, went back to stock GB, and tried flashing again. This time,however, I made sure I did just that, wipe data,wipe cache,advanced->wipe dalvik cache, then flash Liquid. Now when I click a setting, it works right away with no problems. I think it needs to be made clear that the dalvik cache needs to be wiped to.

Did that but I did not SBF. I cleared all 3 and updated from OTA 607 and too many issues. I will try to fix permissions through.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL (rooted) using DroidForums

Stefan82

Reaction score
Ok I installed the Rom after 3 wipes like said and immediately ran fix permission as 4th thing. Seems fine now. Will play with it for a while and may keep.

Insidious

Reaction score
Flashed this ROM and I'm loving it! Its going to be hard to go back to the stock leak to finish up my theme!

lieblax

Reaction score
Another thing i noticed is that the battery life is TERRIBLE for me. I have an extended battery and after unplugging it at 11ish this morning im down to 30% with extremely light use. I got much better on miui with about the same use. It's literally just been sitting on my bed all day, not even texting, maybe I just need to calibrate it again but I doubt that's all it is. Other than that and some bugs I like the rom though

Jonas

Reaction score
Ok, so I need to get a quick clear up. I am currently running the FROYO version of CM7. In order to give this ROM a try, do I need to SBF back, or can I flash this on to a FROYO phone? I have never run GB on my phone, and dont plan on it. Do I need GB to run this ROM?

thesoldier

Reaction score
Ok, so I need to get a quick clear up. I am currently running the FROYO version of CM7. In order to give this ROM a try, do I need to SBF back, or can I flash this on to a FROYO phone? I have never run GB on my phone, and dont plan on it. Do I need GB to run this ROM?

Yes, you need GB in order to flash this rom. Trying to do it from Froyo will get you stuck at the "M" most likely. Not sure if you'll have to sbf before updating to GB though.

Sent from my D2G on Liquid 3.0

Jonas

Reaction score
Yes, you need GB in order to flash this rom. Trying to do it from Froyo will get you stuck at the "M" most likely. Not sure if you'll have to sbf before updating to GB though.

Sent from my D2G on Liquid 3.0

So I will need to sbf back, and follow the instructions to put the GB leak on my phone, then proceed with the installation of this ROM? Sorry for being wordy, I just want to be very exact, so I get the right answer for my question.

Blunderbuss

Reaction score
I couldn't get this to work. I was able to flash it and use it, but it never survived a single reboot. Rebooting always got me stuck at the M, and I had to SBF from there (abd couldn't see the device). I'm giving up on liquid after 2 tries and neither surviving a reboot.

Stefan82

Reaction score
Google framework error and media error. Had to discontinue user because of constant FC issues, making the Rom unusable and I tried running permission fix but no luck. Also titanium backup will not insurance install some system apps and will lock up. I may just sick with stock and customise it with apps like GO Launcher.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Did that but I did not SBF. I cleared all 3 and updated from OTA 607 and too many issues. I will try to fix permissions through.

I was a bit confused, did you do the wipes after you installed GB or before? Make sure you do it after installing GB but before flashing Liquid.

Another thing i noticed is that the battery life is TERRIBLE for me. I have an extended battery and after unplugging it at 11ish this morning im down to 30% with extremely light use. I got much better on miui with about the same use. It's literally just been sitting on my bed all day, not even texting, maybe I just need to calibrate it again but I doubt that's all it is. Other than that and some bugs I like the rom though
You might want to specify how long it has been since 11AM due to time zone differences, but I agree with battery life. I woke up, unplugged my phone and it was at 100%. Checked about 2 or 3 emails right after waking up and an hour or so later, I was down 10% already :s

So I will need to sbf back, and follow the instructions to put the GB leak on my phone, then proceed with the installation of this ROM? Sorry for being wordy, I just want to be very exact, so I get the right answer for my question.
Yes, GB will not install if you have either rooted or bootstraped your phone. Your phone can be unrooted easy enough, but unbootstraping,well never heard of that..You can have apps installed, I believe, just so long as the phone is not rooted or bootstraped.

I couldn't get this to work. I was able to flash it and use it, but it never survived a single reboot. Rebooting always got me stuck at the M, and I had to SBF from there (abd couldn't see the device). I'm giving up on liquid after 2 tries and neither surviving a reboot.
Try installing liquid,boot it up once, reboot to recovery(stock), wipe data and cache, then boot up the phone, root,bootstrap, and then flash liquid from the clockwork recovery.

Stefan82

Reaction score
I was a bit confused, did you do the wipes after you installed GB or before? Make sure you do it after installing GB but before flashing Liquid.

Worried before install of Liquid Rom.

Insidious

Reaction score

Worried before install of Liquid Rom.

You need to wipe data/cache, and wipe the dalvik cache in advanced for both ROM's before flashing them

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
lol, droidfreak28, I am quite aware as I was the one who posted the suggestion of wiping dalvik cache. ;) I was trying to ask Stefan82 to calrify to make sure he did it right.