Looking at getting a Maxx

silver5liter

Reaction score
Well its time for me to look at a new phone. not really interested in anything fancy but the battery of the Maxx is really attractive to me. Im coming from a Droid DNA that has terrible mic quality for me and looking to not spend a ton ( I can get the Maxx free) . I dont really like the looks of the G2. Do you guys like the Maxx and recommend it?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've had mine since January. No issues to report. Good battery, quick and responsive.

Get the 32gb version though.

OP
S

silver5liter

Reaction score
does anyone have any kind of comparisons with G2 vs the Maxx. Sadly the 32 gb option isnt free but i honestly dont download alot of things on mine, just stream mostly. Some have said the g2 had pretty much the same battery life, but specs disagree

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
does anyone have any kind of comparisons with G2 vs the Maxx. Sadly the 32 gb option isnt free but i honestly dont download alot of things on mine, just stream mostly. Some have said the g2 had pretty much the same battery life, but specs disagree
I have real world experience with both phones... As I own both on the same network.. The are indeed neck n neck.. The only thing I hate about the g2 is that the screen isn't as bright as the Maxx, it's that way for battery life reasons I'm sure.. My Maxx is brighter than the g2 display with the Maxx at less than 50% and the g2 at 100%.

But as far as battery life and signal strength.. They are truly neck and neck.

OP
S

silver5liter

Reaction score
See thats my problem. Both have pro's and cons. Specs wise the G2 stomps the Maxx, i hate the look of the back buttons though on the G2 and I wouldnt be able to use my wireless charger anymore. I think im going to choose the Maxx but ive been waffling back and forth.

OP
S

silver5liter

Reaction score
Well crap, i just read that the G2 actually does have wireless charging from verizon. So now my only question is, does the g2 pick up sounds good on the mic? Im currently wanting rid of my DNA because the mic on the bottom of the phone makes me sound like im on speaker phone all the time.

Abby Normal

Reaction score
I just got my Maxx last week and I am loving it.... Battery as everyone said is GREAT. Of course coming from a RAZR I am overwhelmed ... :D Still learning one or two of the new features available but very glad I got the Maxx......

OP
S

silver5liter

Reaction score
How is the GPS? Is it pretty accurate? That seems to be my one pitfall about going over to a G2.

Also has anyone went from a DNA to the Maxx? The performance of the DNA still seems to be higher than the Maxx, the battery is what kills me with the DNA though.

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
GPS is spot on. Takes less than a couple of seconds to find me on wave or maps.

jfriend33

Reaction score
G2 has better camera. Maxx camera is really bad at macro shots.
How's this for a macro shot? Stock camera, not focal camera app.
4yhudepy.jpg

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

jfriend33

Reaction score
You ever try depositing a check with a bank app?
Yep. I use Amex Serve and Ally Bank at least 4 times a month.

I know it is finicky with checks that are really long, business ledger checks. You've just got to pull farther back.

I'd say you could email your bank for support.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's not the banks fault that camera has no macro function. I've had no problems with galaxy nexus focusing from 2 inches away, try that with moto camera.

jfriend33

Reaction score
It's not the banks fault that camera has no macro function. I've had no problems with galaxy nexus focusing from 2 inches away, try that with moto camera.
Your check capturing should be at least 12" away... If not more.