losing charge when cold

nkostman

Reaction score
I live in Colorado and snowboard all the time with my bionic while listening to music. I keep the phone on the interior of my jacket (basically the warmest place possible). When the bionic gets cold it starts to drop charge fast! Probably at a rate of 20%/hour on cdma only with wifi and gps off. My old iPhone 3g with a 2 year old battery was nowhere near this sensitive to the cold. Have tried a different OEM battery with the same results. Anyone else notice this?

On .902...

I live in Colorado too and the colder it is the worst my battery is to solve the problem I bought an extended slim battery so it doesn't bulk up the phone but still gives more power

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Both the high heat and extreme cold will cause excess battery drain. The best thing you can do is keep your phone as close to your body as possible., as you are already doing and consider buying either the extended battery or a second battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I live in Colorado too and the colder it is the worst my battery is to solve the problem I bought an extended slim battery so it doesn't bulk up the phone but still gives more power

I assume you are talking about that Mugen one? Worth the money?

Also a Colorado skier here who takes the bionic on the slopes. I use it more for pictures than music, but I always turn off wifi & data while skiing. I don't seem to get a huge battery drain, but do notice it.

Just came back from 10 days of skiing in crested butte, and I noticed that it was only the reported battery level that was effected. I took my bionic out on the lift and the battery level dropped 80 to 20 to 5% in about twenty seconds. It stayed at 5% the rest of the day without dieing or any problems while I used it for music and taking pictures and videos.

Back