Maps takes up WAY to much power...

JoshSB

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Last night I used my phone for a total of 16 hours before recharging it, maps was showing up as using 24% of the battery with about 17 minutes of GPS use and 7 minutes of CPU use.

The display was at 7% after 3 HOURS of use and the winamp was at 4% after 2 hours of use and Wireless was on for 4 hours and used only 9%...

Why would 17 minutes of GPS use use up so much MORE of my battery than 3 hours of screen use?

I did read somewhere that there might be a glitch between the battery reporting and the Maps application.

Is this a known issue, or is my GPS draining an inordinate amount of power?

Thanks guys!

~ J

P.S. here is a picture: *Ignore the large power drop late in the day, I changed from standard to extended batteries at that time. This problem has happened every day I use the phone so I know it is not that.

In fact today I launched Maps for literally 23 seconds for CPU and 1 min 25 seconds for GPU and it is showing up as 24% of the battery...

lf3BA.png

I was getting the same deal. I tried shutting the gps off and it didnt seem to stop it.

Well, if I turn off GPS it stops counting the GPS used in the battery meter.

However, again 17 minutes of GPS use (I did use it for 17 minutes) and 7 minutes of CPU usage under maps still claimed to have taken 24% of a 16 hour battery... It wasn't on the battery list until I used it for that 20 minutes...

That is outrageous and SHOULD be wrong, unless the display, wi-fi, and winamp take literally NO power compared to it...

On my phone maps was #1 on that list and I had not used it or gps at all. There must be a glitch.. I ended up freezing maps until I need it for something and that got rid of the problem!

On my phone maps was #1 on that list and I had not used it or gps at all. There must be a glitch.. I ended up freezing maps until I need it for something and that got rid of the problem!

Yeah, the stats are known to be glitchy anyway, but do you use Latitude by chance?

Yeah, the stats are known to be glitchy anyway, but do you use Latitude by chance?

Nope, I don't use Latitude at all.

I am thinking that it is glitchy reporting.

Back