Market not working

ksalce

Reaction score
Everytime I try to download something from the market it says "download was unsucessful please try again". I'm not sure why its doing this all of a sudden. Anybody have any ideas on what can be causing it and how to fix it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

fused2explode

Reaction score
Settings > Applications > manage applications > tap the "All" tab so u can see the market listed, tap market, tap "clear cache" (if available) , tap "clear data". Open up market, accept terms, continue on your way :)

F2E

Sent from CM7 RC2

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score
Just tried that and it worked perfectly. Thanks very much for help :)

Cwagmire

Reaction score
This happened today to me too bit clearing cache and data didn't work. :(

lancelot323

Reaction score
I have a friend with a D2 and a similar issue.

Rocking Liberty 1.5, his downloads just say "starting download" and never get past that. No errors; market data and cache cleared multiple times.

I was thinking it was a Verizon issue, but I have a Thunderbolt and have had no problems all day.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I used to have this issue back on the D1. Try doing a re-flash of the ROM without a data wipe. Worst case scenario, start from clean slate with data wipe and then flash.

troutbeck27

Reaction score
Are you guys using the privacy blocker app (what a joke by the way).

After I bought and downloaded this app it caused all kinds of problems with downloading from the market and updating apps.

I ended up uninstalling privacy blocker and have had no issues since.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Privacy blocker isnt the issue, in fact there are specific instructions for it regarding when you fix an apps permissions, and it reinstalls the app.

fused2explode

Reaction score
If clearing cache / data FOR THE MARKET APP ONLY doesn't work, its a Google Apps issue. Reinstall google apps under the "stock" label in Rom Manager. Not sure if its the updated version or not, searching the forums will get the latest version.

F2E

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

droidxep

Reaction score
Gingerbread rooted, wiped to fix sync issue. Now market doesn't work, every app says download unsuccessful. Cleared cache in market and wiped twice. Any suggestions??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

salem

Reaction score
There is a market fix app over at mydroidworld (in the gb prerooted thread). It may help... idk.

droidxep

Reaction score
There is a market fix app over at mydroidworld (in the gb prerooted thread). It may help... idk.

Just tried it, had seen it before but didn't try it since it didn't describe my problem but I figured what the hell. Unfortunately it did not fix it though. anybody else got any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums