Market Problems

DucksDroid

Reaction score
Try setting "content filtering" in Market > Settings to "Mature". It's confusing this with not being compatable with your Droid.

Sent from my Droid1 using DroidForums

djakrse

Reaction score
Try setting "content filtering" in Market > Settings to "Mature". It's confusing this with not being compatable with your Droid.

Sent from my Droid1 using DroidForums
Worked for me, thanks. I had read something about content filter, but I never had the problem until the other day. I remembered this and set mine to 'All' .. it had no option selected before I made this setting. Why should Mature need to be selected, as apposed to All?

My market version is 2.2.11. I'm going to update to 2.3.6 and see if the content filter works better there. I checked my wife's and she didn't have it configured either, but again, everything is stock. It might be an issue with those using an outdated market app not being fully compliant with the market itself.

Last edited:

jayman350

Reaction score
setting the filter to Mature makes everything available. No idea why mature would be necessary for any of the missing apps, oh well it works now.

DucksDroid

Reaction score
setting the filter to Mature makes everything available. No idea why mature would be necessary for any of the missing apps, oh well it works now.

Somebody on ChevyNo1's forum (on Droid Forums) reported that "mature" worked, while "all" didn't, so I tried that and it works. It sounds like a problem with Market and not this Rom.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

IHC

Reaction score
Ok I finally got market version 2.3.4 to work. So far so good. Thanks go to c3k at XDA for this method.

The 2.3.4 market I used is ecsnead69's Black Market

I deleted 2.2.11 with root explorer then rebooted. Extracted the vending.apk resigned with ZipSigner2 using "platform" key/mode setting(zipsigner2 is in market). Renamed back to vending.apk and used root explorer to place back in system/app, and reset permissions. Reboot

I tried it with 2.3.6 and ended up with FC's within a few seconds.