Maximizing the max

OP
V

v1ru5

Reaction score
Yes. I have an unlocked bootloader. Deleted all the nonsense apps like Facebook.

Here is my system info.

ef4f8b9fda6891d3c4598f1c62584a25.jpg
I am also on 4.4.4 and can not seem to find info on unlocking, I lost access when the kit Kat update rolled in I may go a day without Facebook and see if anything changes

OP
V

v1ru5

Reaction score
I was getting about the same battery life as Mustang the year I had my Droid Maxx. I ran with GPS in High Accuracy Mode all the time, screen brightness on Auto and could normally get 3+ hours of screen on time every day using my phone and still only be at 50% at night when I went to bed...about 14 or so hours off the charger. No special settings, or anything for me. But.....I am not a social media user. I never use Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media app. My wife and daughters on the other hand....they use them all. Especially Facebook and Instagram. They are always looking for an outlet every 6 to 8 hours. Just my opinion, but those apps kill your battery.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Just curious to know how you use your phone. Like what's a daily use consist of?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'll show the stats of usage today. It's mostly some email, 20-50 texts, an hour of phone calls, some streaming of spotify when I'm driving and 2 games. Clash of clans and Fallout Shelter. Fallout shelter likes to eat the battery.

OP
V

v1ru5

Reaction score
I'll show the stats of usage today. It's mostly some email, 20-50 texts, an hour of phone calls, some streaming of spotify when I'm driving and 2 games. Clash of clans and Fallout Shelter. Fallout shelter likes to eat the battery.
I loaded the battery monitor from the above pics. Will post a screen shot later tonight

OP
V

v1ru5

Reaction score
I was getting about the same battery life as Mustang the year I had my Droid Maxx. I ran with GPS in High Accuracy Mode all the time, screen brightness on Auto and could normally get 3+ hours of screen on time every day using my phone and still only be at 50% at night when I went to bed...about 14 or so hours off the charger. No special settings, or anything for me. But.....I am not a social media user. I never use Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media app. My wife and daughters on the other hand....they use them all. Especially Facebook and Instagram. They are always looking for an outlet every 6 to 8 hours. Just my opinion, but those apps kill your battery.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
From what I have read high accuracy only contributes to enabling turn by turn when using maps. Is this correct? What else will be affected by switching off high accuracy?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
From what I have read high accuracy only contributes to enabling turn by turn when using maps. Is this correct? What else will be affected by switching off high accuracy?

Driving Mode claims that it needs High Accuracy. But I found that Driving Mode did work on the other Location settings.

OP
V

v1ru5

Reaction score
I just got my battery warning and here is what gsm is showing

uploadfromtaptalk1441327661960.png
uploadfromtaptalk1441327667575.png

OP
V

v1ru5

Reaction score
This really made no difference between location being battery saver vs high accuracy a couple hours at best of difference

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Um..if my Android system and kernel were eating that much battery..I'd do an fdr..maybe I'm not looking close enough..but I've always been quick to do an fdr anyway..it resorts the phone and keeps things operating well...

Did you just do one perhaps and your phone hasn't settled in???

OP
V

v1ru5

Reaction score
Um..if my Android system and kernel were eating that much battery..I'd do an fdr..maybe I'm not looking close enough..but I've always been quick to do an fdr anyway..it resorts the phone and keeps things operating well...

Did you just do one perhaps and your phone hasn't settled in???
I was kind of thinking of a fdr being as I have never done one since owning the phone new when it came out. Always a pain doing a fdr on a non removable storage phone

OP
V

v1ru5

Reaction score
I think I'm going to try a fdr im going to use the helium app to help do a backup

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would...anytime you see those 2 things taking up the majority of your resources...I would do one..
But that's me..I'm quick to get the problem resolved and re setup my device..and move on..others aren't as fast to fdr...

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Those are always high for me.

Attachments

• 2015-09-04 11.24.26.png
    2015-09-04 11.24.26.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 193

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Those are always high for me.
I haven't looked at the maxx in a while..I know it used to run 3-4th down for me..depending on how much crap gsam got lazy and threw into those 2 categories...I know that they run 3-4 on my turbo...or did until the last update..haven't checked since then

OP
V

v1ru5

Reaction score
I haven't looked at the maxx in a while..I know it used to run 3-4th down for me..depending on how much crap gsam got lazy and threw into those 2 categories...I know that they run 3-4 on my turbo...or did until the last update..haven't checked since then
Hmmm so should I still do a fdr? I'm thinking so as this phone hasn't seen one yet