Memory card full?

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Please help me. I am no stranger to Android. I have my OG Droid since release day. Rooted, running Steel Droid. Also gave Galaxy nexus 10.1 tablet, rooted running Task Rom 14.

1 daughter has Droid 2. Youngest has Stratosphere.

She has about 200 pictures on there, but keeps getting error message that card is out of space. She doesn't have that much on the phone. Bloatware is there, and some apps from market. Maybe 300 songs.

When I look at settings, under storage settings, it says card had 3.96 GB total, with 56 MB available (!)

Phone storage shows 1.96 GB available.

I have tried moving apps,but no luck.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. (Trying to avoid master clearing everything...)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

chewy74

Reaction score
Try formatting the SD card from the phoney

OP
sherri

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only problem with that is even if I transfer everything on sd card to pc, then reformat card in phone and transfer stuff back, she loses all her app data. She wont let me root the phone!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

acejavelin

Reaction score
This might be a little old... but why not just grab a 16GB microSD card online for under $20? Then just copy everything from the original card to the new one and away you go. That is what I did when I got my Stratosphere, and haven't looked back.

OP
sherri

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
No credit card or checking account. Strictly cash and carry, so buying anything on-line isn't possible, but this is what I will eventually do....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2