Message Expired or not available

lmgovin

Reaction score
I downloaded the Phone Update (assuming kit kat) on the Razr and now I'm getting a message that says "message expired or not available". It just stays in the middle of the home screen and doesn't go away. It also won't make the phone hibernate so it's sucking up battery life. I don't have the time to go thru all texts and clean out old ones. How can I get notification to go away or clean up expired only messages without having to go thru all and lock the ones needed to save?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There are probably many options, so here is one. Download a text backup app, like SMS Backup & Restore (it's free and I use it before buying a new phone). Backup your texts using the app to internal memory or SD Card. Then open the Messaging app and select menu - Delete All Threads. Reboot the phone and then restore messages using the SMS backup app. You won't lose anything and the whole process should be very quick. That might make the notification go away.

OP
L

lmgovin

Reaction score
There are probably many options, so here is one. Download a text backup app, like SMS Backup & Restore (it's free and I use it before buying a new phone). Backup your texts using the app to internal memory or SD Card. Then open the Messaging app and select menu - Delete All Threads. Reboot the phone and then restore messages using the SMS backup app. You won't lose anything and the whole process should be very quick. That might make the notification go away.

thanks! That worked.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good deal...glad it helped.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums