MicroUSB Question! URGENT! D:

Haseo34

Reaction score
Alright, well currently I have my stock MOTOROLA charger/usb cable. Its specs run at
Input: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz 0.2A
Output: 5.1V 850mA

Well can I use the LONGER LG charger that runs
Input: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz 0.2A
Output: 5.1V .7A

Would that work as efficient? I want the best battery life possible

Oddly enough aswell, if my cell dies, I cannot charge at all with the USB (White light appears, but wont turn on)
But as soon as I wall charge, it works. Any thoughts?

Droid 1 Btw

JasonAsWell

Reaction score
Uneducated guess here, but you should be fine. 850mA = .85A so not too big of a gap. Efficiency difference shouldn't be noticable until you start talking about a full amp or two difference in charging rate. I would keep an eye on the actual base unit to make sure it doesn't get too hot.

As far as your second issue, I had the same problem not too far back. The only difference being mine wouldn't even charge on the wall charger. I went to my car, plugged in the car charger....nothing. Started the car...bingo. I would guess that the voltage spike from the car starting got the batt going again. We used to do the same thing in RC racing all the time in the Ni-Cd days. Not sure if Lithium tech reacts the same.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Would that work as efficient? I want the best battery life possible
Efficient and best battery life aren't necessarily the same thing. Neither will really affect battery life but the 850mA charger will charge faster (850 > 700) as already mentioned.

Oddly enough aswell, if my cell dies, I cannot charge at all with the USB (White light appears, but wont turn on)
But as soon as I wall charge, it works. Any thoughts?
It takes some time before you can use the device if the battery dies. 850mA (wall charger) is going to be faster than USB (500mA). You just need to give USB more time before you try to use the device.