missing header on forwarded emails

nenetoes

Reaction score
Hello
I am new to this site and forums so I might be posting this question in the wrong area.... correct me if need be.

When I forward an email the header from the previous message does not forward with the message. there is no line or break identifier between what text I added and the original senders text.
Also my signature line does not appear on a forwarded message.
If I create a new message the signature line does populate the message automatically.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! What email app are you using? Is this for Gmail or some other email source (Exchange, Yahoo, Hotmail)?

I use K9 (Gmail -- free app) and Touchdown (Exchange -- paid app). Both work extremely well.

Mike

OP
N

nenetoes

Reaction score
I use exchange. I do not have the problem when working from my computer only when I forward from the droid.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that you are using the stock corporate email app which I used for Exchange. I'm rooted and in December the email.apk was changed and many are not able to connect to the Exchange severs, thus the migration to Touchdown.

Did you check the account settings?

Mike

OP
N

nenetoes

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorence... I do not know what you mean by "rooted".
I am still getting all emails on my Droid so I am conected to the corporate exchange server.
What would I check for under settings? I assume you mean the settings on the Droid.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
No problem. Here is a link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...-assistance/116993-new-android-check-out.html that contains several helpful links. Close to the end of the first box there are four links that explain rooting. Basically, you "hack" the phones operating system.

Yes check the settings in the email app. Open the app, tap menu, tap more, tap account settings. Then, tap menu, tap more tap settings and look at those settings as well.

Are you using the email app whose icon is an opened white and gold envelope with the @ in the top center?

Mike