[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.12.30 [DEV]

Ozzie

Reaction score
I have also tried to find something and I wasn't able to. Tried the file on my puter and got nothing, then tried the install and found nothing. I don't have anything on my phone that would be useful anyway, so I'm not terribly worried about it.
I've been using it off and on as my daily driver and found no issues relating to a virus.

AFX

Reaction score

juniorjwh

Reaction score
Thanks magi for the update, I was worried I had missed a Tweet or forum posting. Hoping to limp the dinosaur for another month.

Thank you again for all the support.

Sent from a DROID1 behind bars for flashing unsuspecting ROMS in the park

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
As far as the virus, I really think it was a false positive. All of the builds are made on my linux box, so no chance of virus on it. The file is hosted on a unix system run by the miui.us guys, and nobody else has reported anything, so I think their server is secure. There may have been a warning because it was a redirect from bit.ly and there could be links on bit.ly that have reported a virus. Not sure what came up, but I can assure you that there is no virus in the 1.12.30 build (or any roms I have made).

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
As far as the virus, I really think it was a false positive. All of the builds are made on my linux box, so no chance of virus on it. The file is hosted on a unix system run by the miui.us guys, and nobody else has reported anything, so I think their server is secure. There may have been a warning because it was a redirect from bit.ly and there could be links on bit.ly that have reported a virus. Not sure what came up, but I can assure you that there is no virus in the 1.12.30 build (or any roms I have made).

maybe it was a bug in the anti-virus program for whatever version it was and whatever virus definitions it had...i still have the same anti-virus but its updated and it works just fine now

GreenRaccoon

Reaction score
I just started having problems with ringtones today. Whenever I set a sound file on my sd card as a phone ringtone or notification ringtone, it doesn't play that ringtone when I actually receive a call or notification. Instead, it plays the last system ringtone that I set (one of the ones that came with the ROM).

When I pull up the sound settings, the current setting for the ringtone is the one from my sd card, the one I want. But that isn't what's played when I actually receive a call or notification. (I've tried rebooting and that didn't help)

It worked fine last night; it just started acting weird today. Does anyone have an idea on what's going wrong? No new apps or anything; it just started happening out of the blue.

EDIT

It works with SMS notifications and alarms, just not phone calls and regular notifications. :popped out: I have the same ringtone set for SMS notifications and regular notifications.

EDIT AGAIN

I figured it out! dancedroid I had to set the ringtone under the Theme Customization menu! (Settings->Themes->Customize) :popped out: It was one of those "slap your head" moments. Where's the Easy button when you need it?

Last edited:
OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
maybe it was a bug in the anti-virus program for whatever version it was and whatever virus definitions it had...i still have the same anti-virus but its updated and it works just fine now

I am sure there was something in the link or file that registered a false positive. It happens when trying to be safe and assess threats. I definitely don't think your virus scan software is bad or dysfunctional. These things tend to happen, and it is better to be safe than sorry.

Ozzie

Reaction score
Yessir...I'm glad he mentioned it cause I like to be on top of security ...no worries here.

QuimbyDogg

Reaction score
Really enjoying this rom on my OG droid, been running it for last few days without any major issues at all. I had run an older version of miui a year or so ago and while it was ok I didn't fall in love. It has improved much since then. I initially had some issues with minor slowdown/jerkiness but I removed some of the extra system apps that I never use - once the bloat was removed it zipped up much quicker :)

System memory is def turning into the bottleneck on this old phone and as such roms with huge bundles of apps which many users may never use are kind of a pain. Internal memory is pretty dated too but with apps2sd it lessens that pain. Luckily with how configurable a rooted android device is we are able to extend the life of our devices much longer than if they were some stock piece of hardware... no doubt why Motorola decided to lock down their bootloaders.

Thanks for your work porting this over to OG droid... I'll be using this as my main rom until I get a new phone.

Reaction score
For people having problems with ram, which is basically all of us with d1s haha, check out the app Ram Manager. I've been pretty impressed with it so far.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
For people having problems with ram, which is basically all of us with d1s haha, check out the app Ram Manager. I've been pretty impressed with it so far.

I wouldn't recommend using any kind of task managers or ram manager apps. Its better to go with V6 Supercharger is that optimized minfrees and isn't bloat.

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend using any kind of task managers or ram manager apps. Its better to go with V6 Supercharger is that optimized minfrees and isn't bloat.

Well from what I read it adjusts the same settings that the v6 scripts do except it does it "on the fly" so to speak. Like I said its been great to me so far. Averaging 80 mbs free when not using any apps when using the second setting.

There is a very informative post on xda about it by the author of the app if you would like to learn more. I think you might be missing out.

Edit: I should also add I have the paid version. The "second setting" I was talking about is not available on the free version. But the Balance option on the free one works well too.

Last edited:
OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have made builds for the latest version 2.2.3 available, but the signal bar issue is still there. Everything seems to work properly, but the cell signal bars in the notification bar show up as 1x and E and 3g. This is due to the way cdma is implemented in China. There is no fix available at the moment.

There is an issue with the signal bars in the notification bar and there is no known fix.

If you want this build, and don't mind extra signal bars in the notification bar, you can download below.

In case you haven't read, there is an issue with the cell signal bars.

2.2.3 Build (Yes, I know there is an issue with the cell signal bars)