MMS "download unsuccessful" then downloads

Reptileszz

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone seen this? Every time, and I do mean every time someone sends me a photo or any mms message the Incredible instantly notifies me with "Download unsuccessful" but then the message comes complete with photo or whatever. This is only a minor annoyance but its annoying. I get the message noise and then instantly the unsuccessful noise and it clutters up my notifications area. Am I being too anal here? I mean, I DO get the message...

I use ChompSMS but I experimented and uninstalled that and went back to the stock messaging app. Things got worse there. I got the unsuccessful message and had to manually dl the mms... so maybe Chomp is doing me a favor and sucking it down automatically after the unsuccessful message?

I have googled this issue and it doesnt sound like anyone else is experiencing this, or at least they arent complaining about it. dancedroid

Thanks,
Carole

OP
R

Reptileszz

Reaction score
Glad I'm not alone! I wonder if anyone knows why it's happening?

Carole

robdroid

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone seen this? Every time, and I do mean every time someone sends me a photo or any mms message the Incredible instantly notifies me with "Download unsuccessful" but then the message comes complete with photo or whatever. This is only a minor annoyance but its annoying. I get the message noise and then instantly the unsuccessful noise and it clutters up my notifications area. Am I being too anal here? I mean, I DO get the message...

I use ChompSMS but I experimented and uninstalled that and went back to the stock messaging app. Things got worse there. I got the unsuccessful message and had to manually dl the mms... so maybe Chomp is doing me a favor and sucking it down automatically after the unsuccessful message?

I have googled this issue and it doesnt sound like anyone else is experiencing this, or at least they arent complaining about it. dancedroid

Thanks,
Carole

I can not spank my Chomp SMS! My Incredible also says "Download unsuccessful" yet it opens the pictures every time. I accept this issue. lol :icon_ banana:

skidiver

Reaction score
Same problem here... it really is annoying to have to manually download the message after being notified.