Mms on acs instructions

nornevrder

Reaction score
K so I am from Alaska and my carrier is ACS. I have been told that since my carrier is different is the reason why I can not send picture text or mms. To me it is not a real big deal but it would be nice to have that feature back. The main reason I want to see if there is a way to get this feature back is so I can root my wife's phone and put this magical rom on it. I think she would enjoy all the cool features she can have at her finger tips. Anybody willing to help me it would be greatly appreciated.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Please help him out.

If anyone knows please help him out and let me know if there is something i would need to help out on. Because i have no idea.

Post this also over in general ROM area and maybe hacks to see someone probably knows.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You shouldn't need to send a text to root her phone. You can root the phone the same way you did yours (I'm assuming you are rooted). Maybe I'm not understanding what you are asking. If your carrier doesn't support picture messaging how do they support data required for an android phone? If you really wanted to send a picture say to your wife you could send it through gmail.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
nornevrder

nornevrder

Reaction score
I am rooted and my carrier does support picture/mms text , but when I started changing roms it all stopped. I can receive them I just can not send them. Rooting her phone is no problem but I also want to rom and the her phone w/ sourcery. Somebody explained it a while ago and I forgot the reason why. It has something to do with my phone thinking it is on verizon or something in that effect.

OP
nornevrder

nornevrder

Reaction score
I have tried handcent as well as my stock sms. When I jst tried to send a pic to my wife it would think for a while then tell me invalid address and that is with a attachment and by trying to share it from my gallery.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
back in the day

I have tried handcent as well as my stock sms. When I jst tried to send a pic to my wife it would think for a while then tell me invalid address and that is with a attachment and by trying to share it from my gallery.

I remember someone that had this problem back in ud #blackdroidmod might try their on irc and see if anyone can help

OP
nornevrder

nornevrder

Reaction score
Well I guess the possible reason is that the apn number change ended up making mms not able to send. I have no idea on how to change the apn number or even how to find the og apn. So it looks like I am sol.

Crummy

Reaction score
I am on ACS with a Motorola Milestone running CM6. I had the same problem not being able to send MMS. This is what I did with the help of Hubert to fix it. Disclaimer ;)- Be sure to backup before you do it incase it screws something up.

Open Voice Dialer and say "Open APN's". You may have to talk nice to it and try a few times.

Hit menu and hit reset to defaults.

Hit menu and hit add new apn

Enter the following:

Name
Acs

APN

Proxy
<Not set>

Port
<Not set>

Username
<Not set>

Password
<Not set>

Server
<Not set>

MMSC
http://mmsc1.acsalaska.net/servlets/mms

MMS proxy
<Not set>

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type
<Not set>

APN type
mms

You then have to save it. I forget but I think you hit menu and then save if it doesn't show save option at bottom.

Reboot phone and MMS should work. If it doesn't try changing MNC to 120 instead of 004. I think 120 works on the desire and 004 on the milestone but not sure.

Last edited:

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
MMS on ACS

I am on ACS with a Motorola Milestone running CM6. I had the same problem not being able to send MMS. This is what I did with the help of Hubert to fix it. Disclaimer ;)- Be sure to backup before you do it incase it screws something up.

Open Voice Dialer and say "Open APN's". You may have to talk nice to it and try a few times.

Hit menu and hit reset to defaults.

Hit menu and hit add new apn

Enter the following:

Name
Acs

APN

Proxy
<Not set>

Port
<Not set>

Username
<Not set>

Password
<Not set>

Server
<Not set>

MMSC
http://mmsc1.acsalaska.net/servlets/mms

MMS proxy
<Not set>

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type
<Not set>

APN type
mms

You then have to save it. I forget but I think you hit menu and then save if it doesn't show save option at bottom.

Reboot phone and MMS should work. If it doesn't try changing MNC to 120 instead of 004. I think 120 works on the desire and 004 on the milestone but not sure.

Thank you stickied...hope it works :)

OP
nornevrder

nornevrder

Reaction score
Crummy ty very much. Performing backup as I type. I tried the link and its dead so I am not sure if that is relevant or not. PM has been sent to crummy dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Crummy

Reaction score
I tried the link and its dead so I am not sure if that is relevant or not.

Thats not suppose to be a link it is what you put under MMSC. Forum format just shows it as a link. I think I just edited it to show as text only.

Last edited:
OP
nornevrder

nornevrder

Reaction score
Winner winner chicken dinner dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Crummy

Reaction score
Incase someone else has the same problem we should add that Huberts ACS MMS patch has to be installed before this fix works. He also has one for GCI in Alaska.