{MOD} GummyJar 2.5 watermarkd services.jar WITH data throttling removed!!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used root explorer and didn't change permissions either bc im not sure what to change them to. Any help?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rw-,r--,r--

to match the others

tatuud

Reaction score
I used root explorer and didn't change permissions either bc im not sure what to change them to. Any help?

x x
x
x
644 or just make sure your grid has check marks so the pattern looks like the above. mount as r/w, its the box in the upper right hand corner. anytime you're curious about the permissions of a file, mount as r/w, long press any file in there and click "permissions", that will tell you what they should be set at since they are all the same in that file.

newtsevo

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! And since I never tested my download and upload speeds before hand (im an idiot haha) im not sure what I was at before but im averaging between 1.8 and 2mbps now. Good for now, but I wanna see an LTE DX

Tanium

Reaction score
hmmm

Market speedtest.net app

2 tests, settings you can change read out results.
In Mbps test 1
1.8 download
.9 upload

In Mbps test 2
2.3 download
.81 upload

Can anyone reply on if this is good or above normal.

AesirX

Reaction score
I'm in an area that has always had relatively slow date:

Before: 500 kb down, 700 up
After: 1.7 MB down, 800 up

WOW!!! Why hadn't I heard about this already! You, sir, are a godsend. Completely awesome. FWIW, I've used about 8.3 GB this month, which is about my average monthly total.

AesirX

Reaction score
Made a version of my YaBBM theme for GummyJAR that automatically installs the modified services.jar, Very Easy! Thread is here.

Last edited:

JRobzilla

Reaction score
If I have GummyJar with the UD theme installed, do I have to give up the theme to get this throttle hack to work?

Thanks

OP
yukmizzee

yukmizzee

Reaction score
+1 for linear please.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

+2

In the OP theres 2 versions. One is for watermarkd and the other is for stock non theme gummyjar 2.5, the non theme version 2.5 SHOULD work for any gummyjar theme... Use at your own risk of course:)

OP
yukmizzee

yukmizzee

Reaction score
I'm in an area that has always had relatively slow date:

Before: 500 kb down, 700 up
After: 1.7 MB down, 800 up

WOW!!! Why hadn't I heard about this already! You, sir, are a godsend. Completely awesome. FWIW, I've used about 8.3 GB this month, which is about my average monthly total.

Your probably in a "blanketed" area..... Now you good sir have removed the blanket..:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:

Your welcome = )

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just an fyi for everyone: This post shows how to do this edit manually (for those of you on different themes)

Also at the bottom it speaks to the downsides to doing the hack.
1. you cannot get to system -> wireless & networks -> Mobile networks anymore
2. because of 1, you cannot turn off 3g from settings.

There's a workaround for the 3g part, one is dialing *#*#4635#*#*, the other is an app from the market called phone info by SC@taiwan.

Here's the Link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/105807-guide-how-stop-data-throttling.html