Mosaic color screen; won't enter boot loader

okyoureabeast

Reaction score
I think i'm pretty screwed here but I need some advice.

I was out last night and my Droid 4's battery was pretty down for the count around 11. Once the battery got low, I remember turning it on and seeing this message but the OS being locked. It looked similar to the boot loader, black background and white text. Then the battery finally gave out.

When I plug it in, I get this multi color mosaic tile that looks kind of like a 3D picture. When I try and reset it or even put it into boot loader mode, it just resets with the same problem.

Any ideas? I'm about to just plug it in and see what happens if I try and run the unbrick tool.

GigaJake

Reaction score
The black scree with white text is the bootloader menu/fastboot screen, and typically you only access that intentionally or if your OS is completely borked.

I don't know of any mosaic tile screen on the D4, but if you are unable to boot into a working OS and your battery is low, you're in a world of hurt.

Flashing the official 4.1.2 firmware via fastboot would be the solution, but fastboot does not support charging so you may be out of luck.

Does that seem to describe the situation at all?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

OP
O

okyoureabeast

Reaction score
The black scree with white text is the bootloader menu/fastboot screen, and typically you only access that intentionally or if your OS is completely borked.

I don't know of any mosaic tile screen on the D4, but if you are unable to boot into a working OS and your battery is low, you're in a world of hurt.

Flashing the official 4.1.2 firmware via fastboot would be the solution, but fastboot does not support charging so you may be out of luck.

Does that seem to describe the situation at all?

It charges thankfully, but I can't get it to enter boot loader mode. If I hook it up to my laptop the computer recognizes the device and connects to it. I can copy files back and forth from it. I think there's probably an issue with the screen.

I bought a new droid 4 off of ebay for $150. I'll salute the little guy and let him go into the cell phone great beyond.

GigaJake

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely doesn't sound like a software only issue. Sad to see another D4 go, good qwerties are an endangered species...