Moto Z Force 2?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
As much as the Moto mods intrigue me and for as long as I've had Moto phones.... I may be heading a different direction this time. Driven primarily by physical dimension and battery life. My current turbo is about as tall as I would like for pocketability and the closest of the the new phones that are in that range with at least a semi decent battery life is the Sammy S8. That and working in a career centered around the marine environment, the IP68 would be a welcome addition.

When I held the S8 next to my Z Force it was just as tall. What about the new 2017 Moto X? Rumored to be a 5.5" screen.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
And the Z is skinnier then the T2. Have you held one? I quite like the dimensions.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was at BestBuy the other day using my OG Turbo for a reference and the Z's are definitely bigger. For now I'm going to assume the MotoX 2017 will be similar in body dimensions to the MXPE that my wife has. I double checked the specs on several phones at gsmarena and they pretty agreed with what I saw:

OG Turbo - 5.64"
Pixel - 5.66"
S8 - 5.86"
MXPE - 6.06"
PixelXL - 6.09
Z phones- 6.14"

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Right. T2 is bigger the T1. Z is not as wide as 2.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I can at least vouch that the Z force is about the same size as a Galaxy S8, especially with a standard case. I actually did like the size and grip of my Turbo more, it was basically perfect for my hands (ie holding it in my left hand I could touch both the top volume button with my index and the front bottom right corner with my thumb without having to completely shift the phone or worry about dropping), but I do really love the fingerprint scanner...so I'll smile and nod and see what happens. I love the idea of the mods so I think I'm committed to this X series...please don't let us down Moto!

I also noticed radon mention he didn't like the battery...coming from a Turbo I'll say it isn't 'quite' as good, but it's still vastly better than 99% of the other phones out there. I'm pretty much the only one at work who doesn't have to plug their phone in at some point during the day, even if I didn't charge it the night before!

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used to love the battery life in my Turbo. But Marshmallow took away some of that, and now age and used up charge cycles are taking its toll.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I used to love the battery life in my Turbo. But Marshmallow took away some of that, and now age and used up charge cycles are taking its toll.

I know age may have gotten the better of you...ahhhh, I mean the phone, but did you try deleting the system cache after you upgraded to marshmallow?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
My battery isn't great now either. But thanks to Turbo charging it's still no big deal.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know age may have gotten the better of you...ahhhh, I mean the phone, but did you try deleting the system cache after you upgraded to marshmallow?
Sure did. Even did an FDR because I was having re ignore QI charging messing up the battery calibration. Ended up having to quit using the wireless charging altogether.

Sent from my ZenPad using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
6GB Ram and 238GB Storage. Thats an Odd Number 238. Typically would be advertised as 256GB unless they are using some Special Memory Chips or Typo. I understand Formatted Capacity but that is never Advertised.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
6GB Ram and 238GB Storage. Thats an Odd Number 238. Typically would be advertised as 256GB unless they are using some Special Memory Chips or Typo. I understand Formatted Capacity but that is never Advertised.
Good catch, I didn't really notice that. Since this article was written from a Chinese website, maybe 256 GB got lost in translation? I would imagine 256 also.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I wouldn't agree with the statement in that article, that Moto "spoiled the official announcement". One pic of the back of a new phone isn't really a spoiler.

Totes agree. We've already seen the back of the device. This is nothing we haven't already seen.