Moto Z2 FORCE Durability Test - Scratch and Bend Test!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

The Motorola Z2 Force was released today, August 10 2017, and its time to see what it is made of. As we know most 'shatter resistant' or 'shatterproof' screens are made from plastic. And there is only one way to find out with the Moto Z2. The JerryRigEverything Durability Tests.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
was just reading on another site that it scratches badly. the author said he was actually throwing the review phone to break the screen but nope, the screen did not break. but he also said that it scratches bad, even in the pocket. so I guess if you have that phone, you better get a screen protector.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
As stated here numerous times....yes Shattershield screen do scratch, it is not Gorilla Glass, it is a 5 layer design. The outer layer (the lens) is a soft material similar to a thick screen protector; since it's soft it will scratch. This has been the same principal for the past two years with Shattershield. Slap on a decent screen protector and you are good to go. Or, if the outer layer (lens) becomes too scratched over time it is user replaceable.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk