Moto Z4 General Discussions

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Dude.... Thanks sajo!
No deal breakers for me from your review. Gonna get me one.
You are Da Man!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And here is an edit from my earlier notes. The Z4 Launcher does have an App Icon Shape option (Circle, Square, Squircles, etc.). The Verizon version comes set with that silly App Flash as the default home screen Swipe Left option. I disabled app flash and set it to Google. Once I rebooted my phone and checked the Launcher options again, there was the App Icon Shape option. So if you buy the Verizon version and change the Home screen swipe left from App Flash to Google you might have to reboot to see all Launcher options.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good stuff y'all.. Nice reviews and keep them thoughts and findings coming... I'm still holding hope for a higher pro type from Moto... As someone that switches phones all the time I need just a bit more... No issues though great products at all ranges is good thing

S10+ Tapatalk

tomthbomb

Reaction score
Got mine today. The in-store pickup was not a smooth process. Not because of the employees, I made a goof doing the upgrade. They worked it out. I spent most of the afternoon transitioning from the Z Force to the Z4. I did the transfer thing. Took forever and was not a great experience. My contacts are a mess. Will report back if I ever get it as I had in on the Z Force.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Got mine today. The in-store pickup was not a smooth process. Not because of the employees, I made a goof doing the upgrade. They worked it out. I spent most of the afternoon transitioning from the Z Force to the Z4. I did the transfer thing. Took forever and was not a great experience. My contacts are a mess. Will report back if I ever get it as I had in on the Z Force.
That's the reason I never select the transfer data option. It takes longer but I always setup as new. Are your Contacts saved to your Google account? Did you let Verizon do their Contact Transfer process? If you did that is well known to create duplicates if you also have Contacts syncing with your Google account. I don't let them mess with my new phones. If your Contacts are saved to your Google account they automatically sync with any phone you log into.....it's easy & simple and never any duplicates

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Can someone post a picture or two of how the phone and a mod fit together? I need to know how much it might bother my OCD.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Can someone post a picture or two of how the phone and a mod fit together? I need to know how much it might bother my OCD.

I will try. I had a hard time getting pictures to show it clearly. If you have OCD about things like that....it will bother you. Just my opinion. It bothers me too, I'm not a fan of the rounded edges and the way the mods fit. But I see this as the last Moto Z and my transition back to Gorilla Glass phones in a case.....with the added benefit of being able to use a Moto Mod when I need to. That's just how I am thinking of it. Try taking a mod to a local Verizon store and see if they have any on display you can look at and feel how it fits. I'll try to get pics but feeling it in your hand is so much different than the pics I saw online

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And why are people all up in arms about Android 9 Pie, not having it yet, etc. I think it's not very good. In my opinion Google has really boogered up Android with Oreo and Pie. These Pie Notification changes don't make sense and are confusing.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I will try. I had a hard time getting pictures to show it clearly. If you have OCD about things like that....it will bother you. Just my opinion. It bothers me too, I'm not a fan of the rounded edges and the way the mods fit. But I see this as the last Moto Z and my transition back to Gorilla Glass phones in a case.....with the added benefit of being able to use a Moto Mod when I need to. That's just how I am thinking of it. Try taking a mod to a local Verizon store and see if they have any on display you can look at and feel how it fits. I'll try to get pics but feeling it in your hand is so much different than the pics I saw online

Thanks, @Sajo, I think I'll take your advice and head into a Verizon store next week. I'm seriously thinking about leaving Moto, but trying hard to keep myself from doing so

tomthbomb

Reaction score
So far I am not impressed with the battery life. I expected better. I had a complete charge yesterday morning at 8:00 a.m. I did some customizing on the Z4 but little else. I had a three-hour drive today and talked to friends/clients for about an hour. At 6:00 p.m. today I have 18% battery life left. My Z Force could do that. Is that what should be expected?

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
36 hours off the charger and at 18%....that doesn't seem so bad. Keep in mind that Android Pie (9.0) has Adaptive Brightness that "learns*" on how you adjust it, so try manually adjusting screen brightness once in a while to help it "learn"

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I got 8 hours of screen time on single charge with some power to spare. And this was 9 hours in poor reception area(hospital with lead walls) so overall it's better then my previous moto z play and that phone was a champ!
Do people really expect any phone to stand up for 48 hours of usage?
54b5a11cf6a28bd381162137a18847f8.jpg

tomthbomb

Reaction score
36 hours off the charger and at 18%....that doesn't seem so bad. Keep in mind that Android Pie (9.0) has Adaptive Brightness that "learns*" on how you adjust it, so try manually adjusting screen brightness once in a while to help it "learn"

I got that but again, my aging Z Force can still do that. I am happy with the screen size but that's about all so far.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I got that but again, my aging Z Force can still do that. I am happy with the screen size but that's about all so far.
You are lucky then. After the Oreo update my Z Force would die within 9 hours just sitting idle doing nothing.