Motoblurish rom?

Is there a rom based on motoblur but extremely smooth and everything works? Reason asking I like how motoblur looks and feels. Just wish it was much smoother and I am hoping it would recognize an extended battery too. Say a 3500 mah battery that the stock rom doesn't recognize.
thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

cobravnm13

Most D3 ROMs that I know of have had as much blur stripped as possible. But if you flash anything right now, flash a GB ROM. Try Haters Gonna Hate in the Droid Concepts forum.

OP
T

tpence2177

That's what I figured lol. I have steeldroid 5.5 right now on my safe system but as much as I liked ICS I disliked how things didn't work on it, I used it for an hour and switched back to motoblur. Maybe I just need to use it stock and debloated till I get tired of that. Then get an extended battery and play with all the different roms. Since I did a fresh install of the stock rom this thing hasn't been laggy at all. Even though I know that's gonna change. I guess im ok with that. Or maybe not since I was looking for a motoblurish rom lol

cobravnm13

That's what I figured lol. I have steeldroid 5.5 right now on my safe system but as much as I liked ICS I disliked how things didn't work on it, I used it for an hour and switched back to motoblur. Maybe I just need to use it stock and debloated till I get tired of that. Then get an extended battery and play with all the different roms. Since I did a fresh install of the stock rom this thing hasn't been laggy at all. Even though I know that's gonna change. I guess im ok with that. Or maybe not since I was looking for a motoblurish rom lol

Yeah, unfortunately the only ROM that doesn't have motoblur is CM7, and there isn't a fully functional, stable build. And probably won't be. There are a few GB based ROMs for D3: Steel Droid 4.x, HGH V5, Eclipse 3.0 (ported from bionic), Maverick 4.5.

OP
T

tpence2177

Thanks. I'm trying to read through through the kexec JB/ICS thread to try and figure out the progress on that and even understand what's the difference (which I just read lol) here's hoping they get that fully functional soon.

cobravnm13

Thanks. I'm trying to read through through the kexec JB/ICS thread to try and figure out the progress on that and even understand what's the difference (which I just read lol) here's hoping they get that fully functional soon.

Yeah, us D3 owners are following that pretty closely. Pretty much everything works but camera. But, you can find the same thread over on XDA and you'll know everything in Hash's OP.

OP
T

tpence2177

Thanks! Does the app zoom fx help the camera out like it does in steel droid?

cobravnm13

Thanks! Does the app zoom fx help the camera out like it does in steel droid?

Regarding the ICS/JB Kexec ROMs, no, unfortunately. The regular ICS build has basic camera function with use of a 3rd party camera app, but not much else works.

OP
T

tpence2177

Thanks. Still thinking about giving it a try regardless. Definitely looking forward to the safestrap 3.0 and being able to swap roms quickly for sure.

cobravnm13

Thanks. Still thinking about giving it a try regardless. Definitely looking forward to the safestrap 3.0 and being able to swap roms quickly for sure.

You're very welcome. And me too, friend. My phone needs some new love.

OP
T

tpence2177

Is there anyway to get the last kexec builds? The ones posted tonight are black screening and not working

OP
T

tpence2177

Nevermind I think he is changing as I type. The older cm10 is up. Gonna try and flash it now.

cobravnm13

Yeah, any new ROM Hash puts up is for SS3 ONLY, which we don't have yet. So if you flash anything new, as of right now, you'll blackscreen or softbrick.

OP
T

tpence2177

Thanks. I tried the new cm10 by accident last night and it loaded to a stock MOTOBLUR clean install for some reason lol. Im just gonna wait till we get SS3.