Motorola Droid X Users - Prepare for Update!

timrock

Reaction score
got it this morning as well. check the X forums, we are confirming in another thread if we received it or not.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
:motdroidhoriz: HELP FREAKING OUT! Please Help!

Dec. 2010 Verizon Motorola Droid FORCED update destroyed my root access and corrupted all rooted apps & several non rooted apps, corrupted the ability to pair blue-tooth.

Titanium Backup Pro root stopped working after today's "FORCED" Verizon Motorola droid update. Worked perfect before Verizon FORCED update. Before allowing update to restart phone, used my Titanium Backup Pro PAID version to backed up everything then uploaded to DropBox.

This is truly unbelievable, the "FORCED MANDATORY VERIZON MOTOROLA DROID", update corrupted my rooting app Z4root, (which has now been removed from the market) my BusyBox (which no longer works with this update), SuperUser app & other apps. I tried to access my phones TI Pro backup app it won't allow me access says may phone has to be rooted. So I downloaded & reinstalled Z4root, BusyBox & SuperUser & set them up again. Same problem from your TI Pro still says can't access needs root access. Verizon is assh****, sorry but I am upset.

I called Verizon tech (morons), I mean support, told them that after the FORCED MANDATORY UPDATE, the update corrupted some of my apps. The tech ask if I had a mod installed & or had rooted the phone, OF COURSE I DENIED IT, the tech said they had a number of people calling today with same problem & just to let me know that such programs violate my Verizon TOS agreement & voids my phones warranty. I again DENIED ANY SUCH DOING. What bulls*** they are feeding me it is my phone I can do as I please, what assh**** Verizon, Google, Motorola & Droid is. I asked if their UPDATE contained any code to disable any programs, the tech stated that while he can not specifically answer that question, that Verizon has the right to FORCE download & install Mandatory updates that would improve the phone, or enforce their TOS policy, (basically what ever they want) what crap. It does not seem right that they can do this.

Fortunately I do have things backed up to SD & to DropBox. Cant access a good backup on TI Pro, because the recent VERIZON Droid Forced update NO LONGER allows the root access to work, disables Z4root, BusyBox & SuperUser. I have now gone through the trouble of doing a hard reset to my phone, reinstalling the above apps & still the problem exist, no root access. Someone said the VERIZON Droid update may have locked the NAND which I have not been able to unlock.

Please forgive my anger, the injustice of the destruction the "FORCED VERIZON MANDATORY UPDATE" & their arrogance in that they own my phone & they can do what they please. I pay them a huge amount of money for their service & this is how they repay me.

Log Collector version: 1.1.0
Device model: Droid
Firmware version: 2.2.1
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5
android-build@apa26
Build number: FRG83D

As I said earlier "like letting Jack The Ripper into your living room..."

-Mike

RemyL75

Reaction score
:motdroidhoriz: HELP FREAKING OUT! Please Help!

Dec. 2010 Verizon Motorola Droid FORCED update destroyed my root access and corrupted all rooted apps & several non rooted apps, corrupted the ability to pair blue-tooth.

Titanium Backup Pro root stopped working after today's "FORCED" Verizon Motorola droid update. Worked perfect before Verizon FORCED update. Before allowing update to restart phone, used my Titanium Backup Pro PAID version to backed up everything then uploaded to DropBox.

This is truly unbelievable, the "FORCED MANDATORY VERIZON MOTOROLA DROID", update corrupted my rooting app Z4root, (which has now been removed from the market) my BusyBox (which no longer works with this update), SuperUser app & other apps. I tried to access my phones TI Pro backup app it won't allow me access says may phone has to be rooted. So I downloaded & reinstalled Z4root, BusyBox & SuperUser & set them up again. Same problem from your TI Pro still says can't access needs root access. Verizon is assh****, sorry but I am upset.

I called Verizon tech (morons), I mean support, told them that after the FORCED MANDATORY UPDATE, the update corrupted some of my apps. The tech ask if I had a mod installed & or had rooted the phone, OF COURSE I DENIED IT, the tech said they had a number of people calling today with same problem & just to let me know that such programs violate my Verizon TOS agreement & voids my phones warranty. I again DENIED ANY SUCH DOING. What bulls*** they are feeding me it is my phone I can do as I please, what assh**** Verizon, Google, Motorola & Droid is. I asked if their UPDATE contained any code to disable any programs, the tech stated that while he can not specifically answer that question, that Verizon has the right to FORCE download & install Mandatory updates that would improve the phone, or enforce their TOS policy, (basically what ever they want) what crap. It does not seem right that they can do this.

Fortunately I do have things backed up to SD & to DropBox. Cant access a good backup on TI Pro, because the recent VERIZON Droid Forced update NO LONGER allows the root access to work, disables Z4root, BusyBox & SuperUser. I have now gone through the trouble of doing a hard reset to my phone, reinstalling the above apps & still the problem exist, no root access. Someone said the VERIZON Droid update may have locked the NAND which I have not been able to unlock.

Please forgive my anger, the injustice of the destruction the "FORCED VERIZON MANDATORY UPDATE" & their arrogance in that they own my phone & they can do what they please. I pay them a huge amount of money for their service & this is how they repay me.

Log Collector version: 1.1.0
Device model: Droid
Firmware version: 2.2.1
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5
android-build@apa26
Build number: FRG83D

"looked at this post, shook my head and walked away"

dominick_7

Reaction score
From what I could gather from reps, and a head rep at Tech support is that they release the update based on the ESN numbers of phones, starting with the lowest number moving on through to the highest number. An estimate was given at possibly 100,000 per day are having the update pushed to their phones, where all should have received it within a week or two at maximum.. so I guess we need to be patient.. makes me feel like I should have kept the first Droid X I had problems with, that I got on release day.. oh well.. lol.

jack902902

Reaction score
Got the update!

Definately fixed the video playback.
Before update, I had a WMA digital copy of The Hang Over, was clipping and choppy, and voice was a little out of sync.

The update fixed all that!

blux

Reaction score
I got the update as well.

So far, no problems. There was an issue where Dolphin Browser, Barcode Scanner, and Skype didn't have their usual icons(was replaced with the screen and gear icon), and when I tried opening them to refresh the icon, Launcher Pro and the respective application force closed. Everything is fine after a restart.

However, has anyone noticed the different vibration? I don't remember seeing it on the update list, but now it sounds like something from a sci-fi movie. I don't use a ringer either, my phone is always on vibrate.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Got the new update today..rerooted with z4root...so far, no problems...but I want having any issues before this update...lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

blux

Reaction score
I got the update as well.

So far, no problems. There was an issue where Dolphin Browser, Barcode Scanner, and Skype didn't have their usual icons(was replaced with the screen and gear icon), and when I tried opening them to refresh the icon, Launcher Pro and the respective application force closed. Everything is fine after a restart.

However, has anyone noticed the different vibration? I don't remember seeing it on the update list, but now it sounds like something from a sci-fi movie. I don't use a ringer either, my phone is always on vibrate.

I'm new to the forums and I'm not seeing an edit button, so sorry for the fast bump. But, is the green notification light different for anyone too? It's more yellow. Are these signs of a dying phone or did the update really modify the vibration and light?

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Only reason I would update was if they made a big change like going from 2.1 to 2.2 made if DX a lot faster. Also these problems that they have states, I do not have.

Sent from my DROIDX 2.2 rooted using Tapatalk.

Reaction score
Installing the update right now. The video playback hasn't been bad for me, but it would skip here and there, so hopefully this will fix it!

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
It wouldn't orally most videos fullscreen for me and videos over over a citation size played or of sync, so I just found a market video player that's way better. Btw the music app had between screwed every since 2.2 when looking at your albums in landscape. And is like my old gallery back.

xmguy

Reaction score
I can't believe they can push the update you. When I had the Droid 1. I had SPRecovery installed. It blocked the OTA. But even if that wasn't installed a prompt came up asking if I wanted to install. Am I to understand no such thing happens now. It just downloads installs with no choice to opt out?

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.

dominick_7

Reaction score
Got 2.3 yesterday!

Got the update yesterday:) Seems to fix quite a few things. One thing that annoyed me was on full desktop I couldn't select anything higher than 240p or maximum at 320p where as on my first Droid X (before 6 replacements) I could do any of those resolutions and it played. Now I can select 720p, though it's choppy, I can at least select it, but 480p plays well on full screen. That's good enough for me. Now if they could get the flash via my Mediasmart Home Servers streamer to not slightly have the audio go out of sync when I stream movies from it to my Droid X, that would be fantastic!

xmguy

Reaction score
Got the update yesterday:) Seems to fix quite a few things. One thing that annoyed me was on full desktop I couldn't select anything higher than 240p or maximum at 320p where as on my first Droid X (before 6 replacements) I could do any of those resolutions and it played. Now I can select 720p, though it's choppy, I can at least select it, but 480p plays well on full screen. That's good enough for me. Now if they could get the flash via my Mediasmart Home Servers streamer to not slightly have the audio go out of sync when I stream movies from it to my Droid X, that would be fantastic!

Id like to see the HD recording get fixed too. A little choppy on playback.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.