Motorola Olympus aka "Terminator" Spotted!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
attachment.php

Well folks it didn't take long for Moto to fire something out into the bloggesphere seeing that leaks of the Dual Core LG Star and Samsung S have been getting a lot of "play time."

Android and Me has just confirmed this is in fact the Motorola Olympus. The Motorola Olympus is rumored to feature NVIDIA’s dual-core Tegra 2 processor, a 4.1-inch display, 8 megapixel camera with 1080p video record, front-facing camera, HDMI out, and is currently running Android 2.2 with Motoblur. We all know that Gingerbread is right around the corner so hopefully Motorola updates this phone to Android 2.3, but we can only hope.

It's said to be releasing around the end of January on AT&T with other carriers following. Yes VZW will get this handset and I do believe it will hit in February with you guessed it............LTE capabilities.

So there you have it. The Dual-Core line up of the Olympus, LG Star and Samsung S. Question is what device is in your future?

UPDATE: Newest Leaked pics!

Key features of Nvidia's Tegra 2

Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU — The world’s first mobile dual-core CPU for faster Web browsing, snappier response time, and overall better performance. The Cortex-A9 is the world’s first mobile CPU with out of order execution for more efficient processing, resulting in a better overall experience.

Ultra-low power (ULP) GeForce GPU — NVIDIA graphics technology architected for low-power applications enables an excellent visual experience while mobile. The ULP GeForce GPU delivers outstanding mobile 3D game playability and a visually engaging, highly-responsive 3D user interface.

1080p Video Playback Processor — Play back 1080p HD movies with your mobile device. Delivers smooth, full frame rate 1080p HD video playback and streaming HD Flash video playback without compromising battery life.

1080p Video Encode Processor — Runs video encode algorithms to deliver full 1080p HD video streams for video recording and conferencing capabilities.

Image Signal Processor (ISP
) — Take sharp brilliant pictures with support for up to 12 MP cameras. The integrated image signal processor (ISP) includes proprietary algorithms that enable image and video stabilization, face tracking, advanced trick modes, light balance, edge enhancement, and noise reduction to deliver real-time photo enhancement capabilities.

Audio Processor — Handles signal audio processing to deliver over 140 hours of continuous 128kbps mp3 audio playback on a single battery charge.

ARM7 Processor — Supports system management functions and several proprietary battery life extending features.

High-Definition Digital Display Output — Tegra supports HDMI allowing you to connect to a full 1080p HDTV or other display and view your content on the big screen. 5.1 surround sound support fills your room with a theater-like experience.

OpenGL® ES 2.0 Optimizations and Support — Ensures robust compatibility and performance for OpenGL applications.

Global Power Management System — Numerous hardware monitors distributed across the Tegra architecture collect data on activity levels, frequency, temperature, and incoming request patterns. The data is used to determine the optimal operating condition to ensure that the processors are always running at the lowest possible power level while still delivering maximum performance when needed.

Specifications

Processor and Memory Subsystem
Dual-core ARM® Cortex-A9 MPCore™ processor, up to 1.0 GHz
32-bit LP-DDR2, DDR2

Ultra Low Power NVIDIA Graphics
OpenGL ES 2.0
Programmable pixel shader
Programmable vertex and lighting
2x 3D graphics performance of previous generation Tegra

Full High Definition Multimedia
1080p H.264/VC-1/MPEG-4 Video Decode
1080p H.264 Video Encode
Supports multi-standard audio formats, including AAC, AMR, WMA, and MP3
Upgraded JPEG encode and decode acceleration

Integrated Image Signal Processing
Up to 12 megapixel camera sensor support
Advanced imaging features (AWB, AF, AE, etc.)

Display Subsystem
True dual-display support
Maximum display resolutions supported:
1080p (1920x1080) HDMI 1.3
WSXGA+ (1680x1050) LCD
UXGA (1600x1200) CRT
NTSC/PAL TV output

Source: Gizmodo

Last edited:

gsDroid

Reaction score
Definitely looks like my next phone. Why oh why must they put their motoblur skin on it? Looks like the perfect size though at 4.1 inches.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm going to have to sue df net and gizmodo as I just slipped in a puddle of my own drool and broke my tail bone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

phatkat66

Reaction score
Ugh im going to miss my hard buttons on my Droid X but I've been waiting for its replacement. This seems like it's going to be it. (Please oh plz let the battery be just as good or even better)

etx_droid

Reaction score
That's a sleek phone. This looks promising enough to be my next phone. Daddy Droid has been good to me...it will sure be sad to let him go :sad:

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
oh ya! Motorola + nVidia = an awesome phone!

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
CES can not come quick enough. This is a bad time for all of those with the DROID 1 who have an annual upgrade and are ready to make a switch.

We can chose from the summer lineup (getting old) or the late winter lineup (a couple months away).

At least when CES is here, we will get facts, not leaks and rumors.

I like the look of the LG Star over this Moto. But whichever gets to Verizon first, i'll take.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
oh ya! Motorola + nVidia = an awesome phone!
no doubt dan : ) This is going to be one heck of a device. I was leaning towards the LG Star but Motorola has been stellar with their support of the D1. Besides their top notch hardware/build quality (right next to the iPhone) they have proven to be phenomenal with their support. This will be my upgrade.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
Looks really nice I just got my friend to buy a Incredible and i was playing with it I think I want to have htc phone next but I might get this one if its really good :) which i think it is lol

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks sharp, but I'm still leaning toward the LG Star since this thing has MotoBlur on it... I want as close to vanilla as Verizon will allow....

Man February seems so far away with this old D1 burning a hole in my pocket... :(

Adrozz07

Reaction score
Wow........just wow. This just answered my question of what upgrade I have been looking for. Definately the total package by the looks of it and the final push to convert me to a full touch screen from my D1. The only thing more I wish for this is a forgiving bootloader so the devs can get right to work on it to get rid of the Blur. But worst case scenario, I think I could rock this stock and be happy :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
its somewhat a disapointment to me coming from droid x, why would they reduce it from 4.3 to 4.1 for screen size.. also no major upgrades other than the dual core. Same MP camera, same hdmi, only other thing is it has a front facing cam. I was hoping for some more improvements on this big talked about phone :( Does it have a physical keyboard that slides out? if it does that would be the thing that would make me switch, i hate not having my physical keyboard.