Motorola Rumor Roundup

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Meh. Virtually borderless display. This is getting lame. It's like car companies advertising "we have blond spot monitors". When everyone has a thing, it's come to stop bragging about it.
And it's a bit disappointing that a lot of that marketing page is about mods.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

you noticed that too :)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I like it! . Now I'm just waiting for the Z3 Force announcement and it's time to go shopping. I like the fingerprint scanner on the side. I honestly don't care about the borderless screen, and think this new fad is overrated. But I like the phone and the color.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Nice with the battery mod.. I'm sure more deals will come out for it... Solid device from previous experience I'm sure of it

Pixel 2 XL

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No one knows yet. It's only for sale in Brazil right now. The Moto page has an option to register for US pre-order sometime "this Summer". Then after that it's supposed to be available at Best Buy, Wal Mart, Sprint and US Cellular.

The current Moto Blog does not list AT&T or Verizon. We don't know yet if that means for sure that they will not carry it, or if they get it after Sprint.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Nice with the battery mod.. I'm sure more deals will come out for it... Solid device from previous experience I'm sure of it

Pixel 2 XL
If you don't already have the mod. If ya do...

abbeyon

Reaction score
This looks solid, especially the screen bezel less screen. Like the idea of putting finger print sensor on the side like Xperia

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's definitely better then on the back since now you can use it while your phone is laying on a table. Probably the best spot ergonomically speaking.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think it's going to be very convenient. It cannot be on the back of a Moto Z phone because of Moto Mods. Think about how you hold your phone. If you are right handed, your thumb is probably normally near where the new fingerprint reader is. Convenient. If you are left handed, your index finger is probably wrapped around the phone normally and near the new fingerprint reader. Convenient. I'm not crazy about them moving the power button to the left side of the phone, but I guess we will get used to it.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I quit complaining about button locations and fingerprint scanners when I got my note 8. found the newer locations was actually convenient. the same goes with the side fingerprint scan, convenience could be related as to how you pick up the phone.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Doesn't look like it has any buttons does it fingerprint scanner or use face I'd how do u unlock?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It has the power button on the left side. Volume buttons are on the right side, like the current Z phones. And the fingerprint scanner is on the right. Then it has the same virtual buttons as the current Z series once it's unlocked. And yes, the Z3 Play supports face ID unlock.