Motorola S9 headset handles calls but not music

Hershy

Reaction score
I've searched the forums but was unable to find info to address my questions. I have a Motorola S9 Bluetooth headset, supporting A2DP, but am not having any luck in getting sound from all sources to go to the headset. For example, Youtube sound continues to play through the Droid's speaker.

And just recently, I can no longer get my music to play through the headset. Phone calls continue to work through the headset fine, but that is about it. I have only downloaded a handful of applications, and don't "think" they would impact this area, but an open question I need to do more research on.

How can I determine if there is a good connection from the phone to the stereo headset (ie. mono only, A2DP, etc)? Within the Bluetooth settings, I have "Connected to phone audio" under the Motorola S9 device, but am not aware of any other settings that I need to set or could have changed to affect the music. I have reviewed both S9 and Droid owners guides with no luck either.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

DAGr8

Reaction score
Hi there fellow /s9 user , I own a S9 HD it Rocks ( I believe they work exactly the same and we should have about the same device even if yours is not HD version) , found out it does handle the default music player fine , it will also redial the last outgoing callbut that is wheere it ends , I have nto teset youtube or anything else , will do in the near future and will telll you what result I get , 1 thing I know for a fact , I installed afew players , after gettign issues with the play pause skip not workin correctly to realize it was the music widget that was interfering with this ( I was using the dxtop one .. I think) so anyways long sotry short I noticed if I installed the app 'rockon' for example) the play/pause skip of my headset owuld work for them, but then if I d be usin the default player it wouldnt work for it , it would actually start the song from the rockon app instead of the one I was using in the widget ( witch seem to be its own player) so 2 songs were playin at teh same time.. not sure of how all this is of some help to you but I can tell you one thing for sure they are issues with bluetooth and android ( not restricted to droid) regardless of what you have installed witch is bluetooth related in your pc , it will mess it all up , in the end I am still using the built in player exactly because of that the play pause skip button work fine and do not conflict (of course I removesd the widget ) .. let me know what you come up with and I will update you with my findings , bt I am usng gde now far superior to dxtop imo but no widget for music .. yet.

hobby31

Reaction score
I too use a moto s9 and haven't had an issue with it. I have noticed that sometimes I have to manually connect it as it sometimes wont connect automatically. It has to say "connected to phone and media audio". I've noticed a couple times it would only say "phone audio" and i would disconnect it and then reconnect it. I use the stock music app, pandora, droidlive, and iheart radio and haven't had any issues. I haven't tried any of the buttons except the volume so I can't say if they work to skip songs or anything. Just giving my 2 cents....

Edit: I just re-read your post. In the bluetooth settings it has to say "connected to phone and MEDIA audio". Try to disconnect and reconnect a couple of times and make sure they are fully charged. See it that works. I think if you long press where they are listed you can choose to disconnect from this device. You might have to "forget this device" and re-pair them.

Last edited:

mikespe

Reaction score
I have the S9 as well and love it! I use it with my Droid as well as with my iPod (with the Motorola D650 bluetooth adapter) and it works fantastic. I haven't tried it yet with calls (just calling my voicemail with it) but with music I like it a lot! Only problem is when I and bench pressing (or any lying down exercise) it gets in the way...But that is so minor...

OP
H

Hershy

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I thought I tried the long press yesterday and did not receive a menu, but that did the trick. Not sure how the media got unchecked, but re-checked it and all working fine now. Also confirmed headphone buttons control the applications fine, such as with Pandora.

Thanks again for the help.