Motorola Xoom Wifi Android 3.1 update

hdsound

Reaction score
To get the Motorola Xoom Wifi Android 3.1 update for you device, you don't have to dive into rooting and stuff. Go the easy way. That's how I got the update. Please follow these steps:

1. Register at motorola's website.
2. Register your Motorola xoom on the website (your IMEI is your Mac address without the ":" separator).
3. Update your personal information because when you register you don't input your full address.
4. Wait for a little while (I didn't say minutes, but you will get soon eventually).
5. The update may pop-up on your screen, click "install". Download the update, it takes minutes to download.
6. Your device will reboot, and the update process will take 10 ~ 15 minutes. The first reboot after the update finishes takes along time, patience is good.
7. Enjoy your new update.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

I didn't have to do this. I was happy that when I came home from work I had a message to update to 3.1 and woohoooo.....simply marvelous

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

No one said you had to root to obtain the update. Just if you are rooted, to get the update installed you have to follow steadys guide over at xoomforums. I am rooted and still got pushed the update last night, seems like allot of users got it last night. I didn't register at Motorola either, it just showed up.

It is clear that all update stories are successful and true, but before I did mine I had to go through alot of other forums (I had to dig Google hard because I wanted the update so bad.. lol). There was alot of people taking about downloading the update from third parties and doing the update manually by rooting and stuff. There it came to me to share my side of the story. Yes everybody will get the update eventually this way or the other. To register your device is a good way to keep yourself up-to date OFFICIALLY and as much as possible away from rumors. Thanks for the "Re:"s :)

It is clear that all update stories are successful and true, but before I did mine I had to go through alot of other forums (I had to dig Google hard because I wanted the update so bad.. lol). There was alot of people taking about downloading the update from third parties and doing the update manually by rooting and stuff. There it came to me to share my side of the story. Yes everybody will get the update eventually this way or the other. To register your device is a good way to keep yourself up-to date OFFICIALLY and as much as possible away from rumors. Thanks for the "Re:"s :)

actually I was gonna do that also because of impatience. but didn't need too. but thanks for the update anyway.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

I know on my Droid, rooting actually keeps the device from updating (or maybe it's the custom ROM, I forget) Will my Xoom have the same problem?

To get the Motorola Xoom Wifi Android 3.1 update for you device, you don't have to dive into rooting and stuff. Go the easy way. That's how I got the update. Please follow these steps:

1. Register at motorola's website.
2. Register your Motorola xoom on the website (your IMEI is your Mac address without the ":" separator).
3. Update your personal information because when you register you don't input your full address.
4. Wait for a little while (I didn't say minutes, but you will get soon eventually).
5. The update may pop-up on your screen, click "install". Download the update, it takes minutes to download.
6. Your device will reboot, and the update process will take 10 ~ 15 minutes. The first reboot after the update finishes takes along time, patience is good.
7. Enjoy your new update.

Hi,
I've just registered my wifi xoom on the motorola website just as you said. Now how many hours should i wait until i get the update's pop-up ?
I hope I get the update by tonight

The same with me....just had a message it was going to update:)

Doesn't work.... waiting and waiting

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

And waiting... looking at rooting now :)

If you mean tapping the 'system update' in the settings menu, that doea not work.
Or do you mean loading the stock 3.1 onto the Xoom? Is that possible?

I have a guide that will take you from stock 3.0.1 to rooted 3.1. If your interested.

Back