Breaking News Motorola Z2 Force in the wild receives Oreo

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
large

Last week it was leaked that Motorola was starting a soak test in Brazil for the Z2 Force. No leaks since so we don't know if it actually started. I'm going to guess that it did because a user on the Lenovo forums is reporting that he received an OTA update yesterday to Oreo! It also came with the December security patch.
Forumer Moto_Phreak posted last night that he got the update and his screen shots look legitimate. So far, no one else has reported getting it. He claims it is NOT a soak, and that he never signed up to be a tester.

Anyone else seeing an update yet?

SOURCE: Lenovo Forums
Link to his second screenshot

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would have thought the Motorola phones would have gotten it by now, especially the unlocked phones. Motorola's skin is basically stock.

The only hold up I could see is with Oreo's coding with the Moto mods. Maybe they are wanting to see if anything pops up before kicking it out to the masses.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If this is true....big IF...then it shouldn't be too much longer for the 1st Gen Z Force, Z, and Z Play. Cool. We know the Z2 is getting Oreo, no doubt about that, it's just whether it's happening right now or not.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bombdog1

Reaction score
I just manually checked software update and sure enough, it is currently downloading the Oreo update. This is in NM so I am kind of surprised.

Last week it was leaked that Motorola was starting a soak test in Brazil for the Z2 Force. No leaks since so we don't know if it actually started. I'm going to guess that it did because a user on the Lenovo forums is reporting that he received an OTA update yesterday to Oreo! It also came with the December security patch.
Forumer Moto_Phreak posted last night that he got the update and his screen shots look legitimate. So far, no one else has reported getting it. He claims it is NOT a soak, and that he never signed up to be a tester.

Anyone else seeing an update yet?

SOURCE: Lenovo Forums
Link to his second screenshot[/QUOTE]

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
so more is getting the update. I want my oreo update, paying over 1k for the note8 and no oreo updates yet!!! I am jealous.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
so more is getting the update. I want my oreo update, paying over 1k for the note8 and no oreo updates yet!!! I am jealous.
You know the old saying....if you want fast OS updates don't buy a Samsung.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
You know the old saying....if you want fast OS updates don't buy a Samsung.

WOW!!! LOL. I do want it on my Note8. Im curious if the Moto Z Force Droid will get it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
WOW!!! LOL. I do want it on my Note8. Im curious if the Moto Z Force Droid will get it.
It's on the Moto list to receive it. I think once the Z2 Series is updated and the Moto G5 Series we will be next (Z, Z Force & Z Play).

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
It's on the Moto list to receive it. I think once the Z2 Series is updated and the Moto G5 Series we will be next (Z, Z Force & Z Play).

Good to know. The only issue is that Moto had that List back in the Day with the Droid Turbo and it Got Marshmallow So Late that the Phone was Stale already.

CKD2

Reaction score
Just saw this thread then immediately hit the Check For System Update button. Downloading now!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And you are posting NDA information here? Not cool.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That you received an invite