Much simpler guide for rooting (no pc required)

solar

Reaction score
You need a space after "cd" and before the backslash.

trade_expert.png
lol, Yes I meant foward slah; but its not a web address! :p

thebird36

Reaction score
you need the applications it says to have but i have all of them and rageagainstthecage isnt working for some reason....

Graft

Reaction score
so, now that the gingerbread OTA update has come. i had to actually unroot the phone to update. now that its updated and installed, i cannot re-root the phone. z4 crashes every time i do

SlimMan

Reaction score
so, now that the gingerbread OTA update has come. i had to actually unroot the phone to update. now that its updated and installed, i cannot re-root the phone. z4 crashes every time i do

Check this out... Source

Graft

Reaction score
Yeah, i figured it out a little while ago. Thank you for the reply though. ^^

imgrtful

Reaction score
i used this to root but now i need to unroot.i tried the method and on the rm /system/bin/su and rm /system/bin/busybox it say command failed no files found.is there something i need to do different

wooddale

Reaction score
i used this to root but now i need to unroot.i tried the method and on the rm /system/bin/su and rm /system/bin/busybox it say command failed no files found.is there something i need to do different
I ussed Petes to root but I think root is root so why not try his unrootway see i it works..If you did any of leaked updates it wont work but you can always use fastboot to get back to stock but again you wont be stock cant change kernel back

imgrtful

Reaction score
still no go.says recovery file not found.starting to think its not gonna unroot.i used this method to root,so dont understand why i cant unroot.i havent changed anything.just tried another way (universal androot) and it says im not rooted.i have su and droid overclock apps and can reboot into recovery.if i boot into recovery and do a factory reset,think that might work?

Last edited:

Outlands

Reaction score
Hey, for some reason if i open the Terminal Emulator and type in su[enter] it's saying: su: not found
So I can't really do anything. Does somebody know a solution to this? (I just want my Galaxy S rooted, i'm quite the newb)

wooddale

Reaction score
Hey, for some reason if i open the Terminal Emulator and type in su[enter] it's saying: su: not found
So I can't really do anything. Does somebody know a solution to this? (I just want my Galaxy S rooted, i'm quite the newb)
I doubt if that works anymore but if you google root glaxy s it should tel lyou how