multitask with 2 browsers?

DJxEDxD

Reaction score
is it possible to use two browsers at once. preferably use the stock browser to play internet radio with yourmuze and go back to the home screen to do something else like use another browser. Everytime I hit the home button to go to the home screen it kills the music but if I load a page in the home browser and exit out it'll have finished loading the page when I go back to it ? Thought Droid was known for being able to do many things at once ? maybe there's a way to keep the net going for the internet music I'm missing ?

OP
DJxEDxD

DJxEDxD

Reaction score
hmm guess no ones sure on this one huh .is there a way to get the browser to not stop sending info while its closed or your doing something else? disable force close.

OP
DJxEDxD

DJxEDxD

Reaction score
Bump
Has no one even a guess for this one?

ldimick

Reaction score
is it possible to use two browsers at once. preferably use the stock browser to play internet radio with yourmuze and go back to the home screen to do something else like use another browser. Everytime I hit the home button to go to the home screen it kills the music but if I load a page in the home browser and exit out it'll have finished loading the page when I go back to it ? Thought Droid was known for being able to do many things at once ? maybe there's a way to keep the net going for the internet music I'm missing ?

It is going to depend upon the app you are streaming with. When I open an MP3 stream I use STREAMITALL. So the browser is removed from the equation. And I can open another browser. Why not try your way and see what happens?

kmo

Reaction score
Why not try it yourself and you can let the rest of us know...dancedroid you could download this >>> alotofinternet and browse 4 screens at once, but as far as 2 browsers????

bl42ed0

Reaction score
Pandora ftw for streaming music!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

kmo

Reaction score
+1 for Pandora I use it all the time...

ldimick

Reaction score
I tried Pandora and it was not a good solution. Some of the players will only work with a fixed length stream and will not play a true stream.

kmo

Reaction score
Interesting, I use it on my Macbook and have been using with my INC since (the 29th April) so not too long but no issues at all for me listening to hours of music/album artwork and artist info displayed.

ldimick

Reaction score
Interesting, I use it on my Macbook and have been using with my INC since (the 29th April) so not too long but no issues at all for me listening to hours of music/album artwork and artist info displayed.

I don't remember if Pandora was the one that gave me problems or not. That was why I mentioned SOME instead of Pandora. Try this link and see if it works for you. Old Time Radio I know a lot of the music streams send the file length as part of the stream so it is not an issue. This site does not.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
For streaming music i use RadioTime or iheartradio. They work awesome.

OP
DJxEDxD

DJxEDxD

Reaction score
All very good suggestions

I use YourMuze its a website where you can search for internet.radio (streaming stations) and ad.them to your personal list.then.go to m.yourmuze.com and play them through you stock browser on any phone .And I have a big list of stations already but when I hit the homescreen button it kicks me out of the stream and stops the music. hmm I've been tryin some other stuff but haven't got it yet will report back if I figure out a way. Thanx all

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you try it yourself instead of asking? Did you try opening a new tab in the same browser?

deadernie

Reaction score
I use cherryRplayer and surf the net @ the same time. Maybe it's not a feature in the app you are using?