Music files named on computer not transferred to phone

imanoperaluvr

Reaction score
I had a VERY hard time getting my music onto my phone. I purchased an mp3 converter (because the phone wouldn't take my CDs I uploaded from computer to phone) and transferred all my music to mp3 format. I put each album into a specifically named folder on my desktop, then transferred the folders to my phone. However, when I took the time to rename certain tracks (from track 1, track 2, etc.) with a view to making my own playlist, those renamed individual files in the named folders did not transfer to my phone. The folder names did, thank heavens. But now every artist folder has track 1, track 2 and so on. How am I supposed to make my own playlist like that?

mewshi

Reaction score
Not to be rude, but having properly tagged music is essential for good management. Look into properly tagging your music.

For help with this task, feel free to ask, just let me know what platform (windows, linux, or mac) you use.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
I

imanoperaluvr

Reaction score
Mewshi..thanks. Not viewed as rude. I use Windows Vista. I did see one thread about itag, which I got. But whew! Trying to type in all that info on the phone is a lot. Seems as if it would be easier on the computer. Relatedly, is there a music download site specific to verizon droid like Itunes is to Iphone? At least that should give me track titles and album covers for new music, yes?

mewshi

Reaction score
these CDs that you want on your phone, are they commercial CDs? Like, can you walk into a store (or browse Amazon.com) and buy them?

OP
I

imanoperaluvr

Reaction score
The majority are, yes. There were a few that I burned myself, two of them from files I downloaded. That's why I can't understand why I've been having such issues. And I do REALLY appreciate your time and help.

mewshi

Reaction score
What you want to do with the commercial CDs is rip them. There are a ton of free applications that will automatically rip a CD to MP3, and if you go that route, most will both organize them into nice folders on your computer and put the metadata (tags like artist, album, title) into the resultant MP3s.

For the CDs you burned yourself, there ARE ways of getting the metadata automatically, but I don't know where they're at in terms of ease of use.

If you need any more help, feel free to ask :)

OP
I

imanoperaluvr

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I'll try that as soon as I get the time.