Music Playing from S3 and Computer Stereo Speakers

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, a few weeks ago I bought this cheap OTG adapter on eBay for my S3 and it works for playing movies from my cruzer drive. Other than that I could think of nothing else I'd really like to use it for. Tonight I had a brainstorm. I have speakers that came with a computer I bought but never used. Turns out they are USB. I came up with this idea, what if I connected the USB to the OTG, so I did. I turned on the speakers power button and voila the blue power light comes on. I then plugged in the stereo plug into the top of the phone, turned on Pandora, and it works! Wow, what a cheap way to get external speakers working. Speakers were sitting in the closet for about 3 years, now they can come into use for me. Now if I could only figure out a way to be charging the battery while Pandora is playing.

I just thought I'd share this if anyone else hadn't thought of it. Of course, I'm not too bright with technology sometimes, but quite pleased with my findings that I wanted to share.

xPosTech

Reaction score
First, sorry for answering an old post.

Adding a charge (and a little more speaker power) is as simple as using a dual USB power cable made for portable CD/DVD drives. Plugged into the OTG and speakers, you will have one more USB connector to plug into a wall wart or 12V car charger.

Regards
Ted