My Nexus vs Razr vs Rezound review.

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
Here's an example of how my battery (extended) will drain under use. On fridays I have a bowling league. On 12/30 the ufc was on live. My phone was fully charged and I pulled up a live stream to watch the fights. After two hours straight of streaming the battery was at 12%. That's what I consider heavy usage.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
So, for a casual user like me, would you recommend Razr over GNex?

It's close enough where you should probably go check them both our for yourself. You really cant go wrong with any of these phones.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
For a casual user I'd go Rezound. It's really a sleeper phone right now, best screen, best GPU, best camera, feels good in hand despite being fairly large and a lot of people unfamiliar with android seem to like Sense UI as well.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For a casual user I'd go Rezound. It's really a sleeper phone right now, best screen, best GPU, best camera, feels good in hand despite being fairly large and a lot of people unfamiliar with android seem to like Sense UI as well.

I agree completely with this. I recommend the Rezound to my friend Lizzy about a week ago.

I really wish Go Launcher worked good on the Nexus. Nova is nice, but Go Launcher has so many more features. But it's unfortunately very laggy. =/
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using.. magic.

Last edited:

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I also am a nexus owner and recommended that my BIL get the rezound.. if this was the galaxy and not galaxy NEXUS I would still own the rezound myself..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
Anyone who's running a rooted Rezound, check out CleanRom from scottsroms.com. Been running this today and its really nice. Like stock but faster with some minor tweaks. Check it out.

Sei28

Reaction score

Rezound is a really good phone and objectively speaking, you are right, but I personally just wasn't a big fan of its screen size and thickness when I handled it at the verizon store. For me, it's going to be either GN (faster updates and removable battery) or Razr (Better looks and hardware including radio and speaker) at this point. I don't care much for GN being easily rootable because I don't plan on rooting it anyway.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rezound is a really good phone and objectively speaking, you are right, but I personally just wasn't a big fan of its screen size and thickness when I handled it at the verizon store. For me, it's going to be either GN (faster updates and removable battery) or Razr (Better looks and hardware including radio and speaker) at this point. I don't care much for GN being easily rootable because I don't plan on rooting it anyway.

Then I'd get the Nexus, I truly feel it's the better device and it will receive updates a lot quicker than the Razr. I also think the Razr has a slight design flaw because we've seen so many cracked screens, it's thin frame + camera bump seems to be resulting in a pressure point, causing the screen to fracture in people's pockets fairly easily.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I hate the fact that I can't find myself to like the Razr at all. I feel like i'm the only one who thinks it's completely uncomfortable to hold. The sides just feel so awkward to me and almost have a sharp feeling to it. It's the only moto phone that's hardware I can say that to. I had The droid and 3 and loved em, and the bionic felt fine too.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate the fact that I can't find myself to like the Razr at all. I feel like i'm the only one who thinks it's completely uncomfortable to hold. The sides just feel so awkward to me and almost have a sharp feeling to it. It's the only moto phone that's hardware I can say that to. I had The droid and 3 and loved em, and the bionic felt fine too.

You're not alone. The Razr feels completely awkward to hold, the sides are square and I feel like I'm holding the thin sides and not the phone.

Sei28

Reaction score
Then I'd get the Nexus, I truly feel it's the better device and it will receive updates a lot quicker than the Razr. I also think the Razr has a slight design flaw because we've seen so many cracked screens, it's thin frame + camera bump seems to be resulting in a pressure point, causing the screen to fracture in people's pockets fairly easily.

Wait, the gorilla glass has been broken while simply being in a pocket?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait, the gorilla glass has been broken while simply being in a pocket?

Yep, 3 people so far opened threads in the Razr forums saying it broke while just in their pocket. All of them have assumed it broke while bending over and cracking at the camera's bump.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Yea, I see no point to a wafer thin phone. Light sure, but why so thin? You need a case to make it feel better while holding.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The voice over 3G and 4G is awesome for the Rezound. Is there a good way to wifi tether yet? I use it on my X for my 360, but I don't use much data. Most I have ever used was 10 gigs with a ton of Netflix. My average is about 5-6 gigs.

X

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
The voice over 3G and 4G is awesome for the Rezound. Is there a good way to wifi tether yet? I use it on my X for my 360, but I don't use much data. Most I have ever used was 10 gigs with a ton of Netflix. My average is about 5-6 gigs.

X

CleanRom has wifi tethering baked right in. Didn't test it yet tho but I will later. Also I have a ps3 so can't test with Xbox.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk