My Safely Freezed Bloatware

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
NFL Mobile is useless to me too. Glad NFL got the lockout out the way. I will download ESPN when/if NBA comes out of lockout too!

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't use Skype? Or is that the version without the video functionality? BTW BenLand, you know you can multi quote. All you have to do is click the "Multi" button on every person you want to reply to.

Reaction score
You don't use Skype? Or is that the version without the video functionality? BTW BenLand, you know you can multi quote. All you have to do is click the "Multi" button on every person you want to reply to.
He turned off Skype Mobile, which is the bloatware version that comes pre-installed... not the awesome one that you can actually do stuff with.

Last edited:
OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha, did not notice that. Thanks.
And yeah, I froze the bloatware version that came pre-installed. Not the other one that I downloaded from this site that works with the Droid 3. :)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dang these new phones have a huge amount of bloatware...

I second Bloat Freezer. I had issues and the developer worked with me.

random rom'd X

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
NFL Mobile is useless to me too. Glad NFL got the lockout out the way. I will download ESPN when/if NBA comes out of lockout too!

Live Red Zone, Live NFL network, and live Sunday Night games?

Yes please.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

thisizme23

Reaction score
aha. ok, i need to root first. i see. aright, well unfortunately i have zero experience doing that. i appreciate the feedback ive gotten so far. its nice to be able to just ask and receive help. i actually work for verizon wireless, so if anyone has any account questions or an issue u need handled... please let me know. any info on a propper way to go about rooting this thing would b awesome.

thisizme23

Reaction score
aha. ok, i need to root first. i see. aright, well unfortunately i have zero experience doing that. i appreciate the feedback ive gotten so far. its nice to be able to just ask and receive help. i actually work for verizon wireless, so if anyone has any account questions or an issue u need handled... please let me know. any info on a propper way to go about rooting this thing would b awesome.

neilrl79

Reaction score

What do you do for VZW?

Reaction score
What the best and easiest way to unroot. You never know when you might need to unroot. I've done all this stuff with my dx so it was easy but now im not really sure how to with the d3.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I really don't know either. I had it down with my OG Droid.. but this is different still. I know I saw it somewhere on how to. I'll look around and repost it if I find it.

Reaction score
I think that if you undo what ever you did and do a factory reset that might do it but not sure.